G'tech Xr6 Turbo 423rwkw That Will Run A 9

MUZ580

• Member For: 18y 9m 27d

The standard fuel rail does have a return to the tank, but feed line and return line are both too small for what we are needing to achieve so we needed to replace the factory fuel rail to increase the size of lines and a better fuel pressure reg.

Climax Airbrushing did the Falcon on the rocker cover, if you have seen any of their other work at any of the car shows they are amazing from little things to whole cars. They painted the rocker cover as a gift for me so I dont know how much it would cost.

As far as the mechanical work on the car, it has all bar trans and suspension been done by G-Tech Performance in Campbellfield VIC, it is my car and not a business car but my brother does own G-Tech so therefore I get a resonable deal on work done price wise.

If you ever wish to see the car in the flesh or want to go for a ride to see how it is still very driveable it is at G-Tech most of the time.

Thankyou for the compliments on the cars looks!!

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 8m 18d

Why are you guy's building a new engine for it man?

The current one seem's to have made tonnes of power with plenty of potential.

;)

This engine was never built as a serious one, it was a bit of test and see. It is fine as a good strong street engine but the rods and crank are not strong enough to rev to 8500 - 9000 rpm, where the new one will. the head on this engine has just been cleaned up where as the new one was properly flowed on a bench, we have also added a few other things to help support the billet crank and hold evrything together. I suppose I want to see what the full potential of a BA engine is when everything is done and you dont have to worry about things staying together.

By the way will be selling this engine soon if anyone is interested!!

Edited by senna_T
removed quote

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 10d
The standard fuel rail does have a return to the tank, but feed line and return line are both too small for what we are needing to achieve so we needed to replace the factory fuel rail to increase the size of lines and a better fuel pressure reg.

Climax Airbrushing did the Falcon on the rocker cover, if you have seen any of their other work at any of the car shows they are amazing from little things to whole cars. They painted the rocker cover as a gift for me so I dont know how much it would cost.

As far as the mechanical work on the car, it has all bar trans and suspension been done by G-Tech Performance in Campbellfield VIC, it is my car and not a business car but my brother does own G-Tech so therefore I get a resonable deal on work done price wise.

If you ever wish to see the car in the flesh or want to go for a ride to see how it is still very driveable it is at G-Tech most of the time.

Thankyou for the compliments on the cars looks!!

Could I get some details on Where abouts in Campbellfield are they? ,

• Member For: 18y 9m 23d

Could I get some details on Where abouts in Campbellfield are they? ,

Hey there

I see you were after details of GTECH performance

they are at

1/39 Foden Ave campbellfield

9305 2888

they can definatley do some good work on the Xr6 Turbos

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi guy's have not had chance to get online for ages the car is coming along well, just got a little sideracked with the restoration of my XA GT. The 9" is in and the suspension is in and the cage is being bult at the moment, engine is finished so I imagine it will be running around May/June.