Yella Terra Wasp Gt

CDAA

• WASP GT
  • Member For: 21y 5m 28d

Inspired from the American Ford GT500 & GT and with the magic of Wipple, Yella Terra, KPM Motorsport and Herrod.

The aim was not to create a drag racing machine, but more a factory-style daily driven street machine that is reliability, reasonably economical and with truck loads of torque down low where you need it (over 500Nm just above idle). This new twin screw Wipple blower kit from Yella Terra is extremely well integrated and suited to the factory FPV components. In addition to the Supercharger kit KPM have added an 80mm throttle body, larger injectors, high volume fuel pump, Oil Breather Separator and a Water to Air Intercooler (going on in a few weeks) to make sure everything works the way it should.

KPM has also installed a RipShift 6 to ensure I don’t miss gears plus my GT already had the full S/S Herrod exhaust system, Filter and CAI. Technically my GT is almost ADR compliant which is quite remarkable considering it's conservatively tuned to 314 rwkw's with much more possible if desired.

The pictures don’t really do it justice as it’s a beautiful piece of engineering. I’ll be keeping the factory look for now that will continue under the bonnet. No plans for ‘Supercharged’ badges either. I’d rather take the surprise approach! I was very proud having my car sit beside one of KPM's big hp F6 utes at the Ford & Expensive Daewoo show today.

A special thanks to forum sponsor David from KPM Motorsport for being an absolute professional and for Rob Herrod for all his support throughout the process.

Engine-at-show-1.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff mate :spoton:

I agree about the whole 'sleeper' thing. Keep it looking as stock as possible then take every one by suprise when you blow them off the road :stirthepot:

Edited by 03XR6T

• Mushroom
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d
now that's what we want to see!!! :spoton:  :spoton:

Emmachwazzit?

Herrods have quoted 10.9k - drive in - drive out. They recommend 280rwkw's for driveline stability, but that's very conservative and you can get a sh*tload more out of them.

• Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 26d
now that's what we want to see!!! :spoton:  :spoton:

Emmachwazzit?

Herrods have quoted 10.9k - drive in - drive out. They recommend 280rwkw's for driveline stability, but that's very conservative and you can get a sh*tload more out of them.

DO it Phil its one hot kit and as you said that's just the starting point for this kit :msm:

• WASP GT
  • Member For: 21y 5m 28d

Herrods quoted figures are based on a complete stock set up (standard exhaust etc) on a XR8 BOSS 260. Obviously mines a 290 for staters, but most people with exhaust and fuel system upgrades (thottle body, injectors, pump etc) can easily reach 400+kW's at the fly or well over 300 at the treads. I've taken the conservative route as she's a daily driver but you can go much further if you wish to. The Wipple set up is only pushing 7-8psi of boost but it's the torque and how it works that's the best thing. Like many F6 owners will already appreciate having over 500Nm available just off idle rather than at the factory standard 4000rpm range completely transforms the BOSS powered cars. These quad cam engines are so well designed to take full advantage of Forced induction (Turbo or Supercharged). It's like having a modified F6 but with a V8 sound track.

Edited by CDAA