Team N/A HQ

hey everyone,

it's been a while since I've checked in on this forum. good to see that we NA owners have an area for ourselves. cheers NOS XR.

Cheers,

bfnaxr6

Good to see you here, :roflmbo:

• Member For: 19y 3m 23d

Great to see a NA forum. I currently drive a leased XR6, so can't really do any mods. But in 12 months I'll be looking to buy something - probably a T, but I keep wondering how much power there is in the NA motor. So any dyno figures or 1/4 mile times for modded NAs would be appreciated.

One thing I've done is to run my car on BP Ultimate for the last 9 months. My car has never liked NZ 91 octane - pinks under load, especially in winter - so I'd always used Gull 91, which is imported from Aus. But it definitely runs better on Ultimate, and gets better fuel consumption, so I reckon it's worth the extra 10c per litre. Plus it's pretty much the only performance mod that I can do!

• Member For: 17y 3m 23d
Great to see a NA forum.  I currently drive a leased XR6, so can't really do any mods.  But in 12 months I'll be looking to buy something - probably a T, but I keep wondering how much power there is in the NA motor.  So any dyno figures or 1/4 mile times for modded NAs would be appreciated.

One thing I've done is to run my car on BP Ultimate for the last 9 months.  My car has never liked NZ 91 octane - pinks under load, especially in winter - so I'd always used Gull 91, which is imported from Aus.  But it definitely runs better on Ultimate, and gets better fuel consumption, so I reckon it's worth the extra 10c per litre. Plus it's pretty much the only performance mod that I can do!

You could get a Flash unit with generic tunes and run it on Ultimate properly. You can always flash it back to factory before you service it or when you give it back. If you buy a T later on, you can get it reset so you can use it on your T instead. No physical modifications are needed.

• Member For: 17y 4m 9d

Hey XR6,

I think aside from NOSXR, I probably have one of the most modded XR6's around. Does your Lease allow you to buy at the end of the contract? Mine does! :D

There was no way I was going to wait 4 yrs before I modded mine! I have 2 yrs left on my lease and at the end of the contract I am purchasing. All mods and applications are mine and will be WHOLLY mine at the end of that term.

:spoton: !!!GO NA 6!!! :w00t2: