Factory Brake Options

Yoda

• Member For: 20y 7m 2d

Just wanted to get some thoughts from people who may be in the know about OEM brake parts and what will fit the BA-BF Turbo.

While looking around on the net I discovered that the Territory Turbo has Whopping 340mm front disks and 328mm rears. After further investigation I found out that the 322mm front disks were interchangable between the BF Turbo and Territory 4WD - hence the 340mm disks Should should fit the BA-BF front hub! The same would logically apply to the caliper.

What nobody could tell me is if the mounting points for the front calipers were identical even though they looked the same in the schematic.

Is there anyone out there that knows if the mounting points are the same and if so is there any reason why you cant upgrade a BA Turbo brakes to the Territory Turbo brake specs. That would mean 340mm up front and 328mm rears, all vented!

:Doh:

post-2219-1164689086_thumb.jpg

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

I would say they are interchangable as the Terri Turbo's use the same PBR performance brakes as the BA GT/F6/Option on the XR's.

They shoudl use the same mounts as the stock caliper. While I cannot guarantee this will work, I am sure you will have no issues, but you would need the TT brakes as the normal Terri uses the same brakes as the BF XR's

That data in that image is a bit mixed up ... front brakes are bigger than the rears on pretty much all cars  :spoton:

The Data in the image is correct. Although I agree in most cars the fronts are larger, due to the handbrake shoes in the rears, sometimes the rears are larger in passenger cars as is the case here until you get to the Territory Turbo.

I have contacted the tech at PBR and he is looking into it for me. Interestingly he mentioned a 6 pot monoblock setup the are about to release which would be awesome but pricey! :blush:

I would say they are interchangable as the Terri Turbo's use the same PBR performance brakes as the BA GT/F6/Option on the XR's.

Don't the F6 etc come with 4 spot Brembo's and the performance option in 6 Pot's? Disks are also 355mm up front, quite a bit bigger than the 340mm fronts on the TT.

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 7m 20d

I think he is talking about BA brakes. GT's and F6's came out standard with pbr brakes and you could option the brembos