Carputer Project!

veczar

• Member For: 17y 11m 16d

what program/settings are you using to get the video to display on the icc

been playing with powerstrip on my laptop but unable to get a steady picture as yet

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 17y 11m 13d

Hello,

I am having similar issues with the quality of video display on the LCD - the normal Ford ICC display pictures are high-quality, but the moment you use external input, it starts to shiver and dance, stripy etc.

What I am doing is using high-quality vga monitor cable, snipping the end d-sub connectors, and replacing Ford's "sh*tty" 1/2 screened datacable coming from the LCD unit.

I should finish this cable, and installation tomorrow, and will feedback on the difference in quality.

Br,

MrBean

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m

What extra parts do you need for external input for both Audio and video.

Plus if I wanted an amp what is required.

Thanks

• 2 months later...
  • Gold Platinum Member
  • Member For: 19y 9m 24d
what program/settings are you using to get the video to display on the icc

been playing with powerstrip on my laptop but unable to get a steady picture as yet

PM me mate about this one.

Hello,

I am having similar issues with the quality of video display on the LCD - the normal Ford ICC display pictures are high-quality, but the moment you use external input, it starts to shiver and dance, stripy etc.

What I am doing is using high-quality vga monitor cable, snipping the end d-sub connectors, and replacing Ford's "sh*tty" 1/2 screened datacable coming from the LCD unit.

I should finish this cable, and installation tomorrow, and will feedback on the difference in quality.

Br,

MrBean

Are you useing a laptop or PC. If its a laptop then it shouldn't shiver and dance while the power pack is unplugeed (ie running on laptop battery). If its a PC how are you powering it? 240v mains, inverter or 12v PSU?

What extra parts do you need for external input for both Audio and video.

Plus if I wanted an amp what is required.

Thanks

A lot! more information please. What are you planning to put on the input? XBOX, computer, dvdplayer?

• 2 weeks later...
Are you useing a laptop or PC. If its a laptop then it shouldn't shiver and dance while the power pack is unplugeed (ie running on laptop battery). If its a PC how are you powering it? 240v mains, inverter or 12v PSU?

I am using 2 different PC's, one a Apple MacMini, then a Commell-based system.

3 Different DC-DC startup/shutdown controllers, M2-ATX, Carnetix P1900, and Carnetix P2140.

Same result - problem is the Factory LCD powered by raw DC from battery, and no good filter implemented. I use a Xenarc 7" LCD powered by the secondary output on the Carnetix controller, and no problem - if I power the Xenarc with the same raw 12Vdc from the battery, I have the same issues.

At least in my case it is the quality of the power causing an issue.

So, I am now permanently running the Xenarc, and off the secondary dc-dc controller output.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Edited by MrBean

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Platinum Member
At least in my case it is the quality of the power causing an issue.

So, I am now permanently running the Xenarc, and off the secondary dc-dc controller output.

Just thought I'd clear that up.

Have you tried running ALL grounds accociated with the system directly back to the battery neg terminal. That is what I had to do do get rid of the dodge powered screen issue.

Have you tried running ALL grounds accociated with the system directly back to the battery neg terminal. That is what I had to do do get rid of the dodge powered screen issue.

All my grounds re: Carputer are directly connected to bat (-)

Anyway, as stated above, it is working fine powering LCD from the Carnetix, which is anyway the best way to go (filtered to all components), so I have no interference from the alternator.

No worries, I am sure someone else would find a different way that works too, for me this was the easiest and cleanest since I had the Carnetix controller anyway, so might as well put it to good use ;)

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Tim are you able to tell me what type off amp the premium sound package has, I wanna see if it is worth running a 12inch pioneer sub with it till I got the cash for an aftermarket amp, I'm having no luck at all finding any useful info on the net or the site, I think if anyone will know you will.

Cheers Dillon

p.s. kick @rse set-up

• 2 weeks later...
  • Gold Platinum Member
Tim are you able to tell me what type off amp the premium sound package has, I wanna see if it is worth running a 12inch pioneer sub with it till I got the cash for an aftermarket amp, I'm having no luck at all finding any useful info on the net or the site, I think if anyone will know you will.

Cheers Dillon

p.s. kick @rse set-up

Yeh I started doing that also. There are many options and also three topics covering the subject :) PM Sent.