GOLDIE

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 15d

Jesus Steve, not a good way to go mate, cars looks worse for wear but your ok that's the main thing, obviously it goes to show how important building a car to the rules of saftey is when someone can walk away from a car that small with that much power and be pretty much ok.

Makes me wonder what rocks we(me) have in our heads with cars making 800 hp in normal sedans with no roll cages. :spoton:

Thankfully your ok steve. Speedy recovery :spoton:

• Dyno Tuner
  • Member For: 20y 11m 17d

the car ran a perfect straight run, we pulled the parachute and as soon as it bloosomed it turned us straight into the wall at about 280kmh we feel that the parachute lifted the back wheels in the air and seeing all the weight was on the front tyres it turned to the side where the most weight was. Funny thing is the vamera crew making the dvd had just fitted a incar camera setup into the car before the run, just waiting nowe to see the footage

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 3d
Thanks guys, feeling pretty banged up at the moment, I did break my back but in a spot where it causes no problems other then pain. I'd like to thank everyone for there help and  their good wishes. Here's a couple of pics that we took when the guys got the car home last night once again thankyou very much for your thoughts I means alot

<div class='bbimg'>

715.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>

716.jpg
</div>

<div class='bbimg'>

717.jpg
</div>

Great example of why big power cars have to have cages. The car is essentially still in shape.

Glad to hear things arent as bad as you might otherwise expect for a 280km/h stack

Luke

• TEAM BA
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 4m 16d
the car ran a perfect straight run, we pulled the parachute and as soon as it bloosomed it turned us straight into the wall at about 280kmh we feel that the parachute lifted the back wheels in the air and seeing all the weight was on the front tyres it turned to the side where the most weight was. Funny thing is the vamera crew making the dvd had just fitted a incar camera setup into the car before the run, just waiting nowe to see the footage

didnt a similar thing happen to you a couple of days ago? do you think it may be a problem with the shute/car?