Ba To Be Bf'ed

Ninka

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 26d

Isn't it funny with all the comments about this, and yet when people upgrade from T5 to T56 manual, nowhere near the amount of interest, but I guess my project is kind of a first :blush:

Edited by Ninka

• Donating Members
Mate what power is your barge putting out, and do you have concerns that the six speed will take it?

Scotty

Currently 343 rwkw - No concerns yet, as the ZF is a lot stronger than the BTR 4 speed unit, and the stock BTR box held up pretty well until 290 rwkw

The ZF is out of a BF Tornado FPV, so the strongest Ford can produce I guess, so we'll see.

• Member For: 17y 11m 30d
Brave man,

Might be very wise to purchase the whole BF Tornado from FGS cause your gonna need allot of bits besides just the box ... then sell off whats left!!!!

Try

-BF ZF Tailshaft - Easy as the tailshaft can be bought in bits and pieces

-BF ZF Crossmember - Got it

-BF ZF Trans cooler pipe work assembly from heater box - Got it

-BF PCM - New from Ford

-BF Complete engine/trans wiring harness - New from Ford

-BF ZF Throttle kickdown switch - TBD

-BF Throttle pedal assembly TBD

-BF ZF shifter assembly & surround - Got it

-AND upon asking Simon @ Nizpro regarding a ZF auto BA upgrade he stated the BF PCM requires a BF motor TOO for it requires the revised knock sensors and something else to function properly   :spit:Not too difficult I think

Dont let all this phase you though coz I've upgraded to a BF ZF speed!!!

See pic below as to how I did it   :spoton:

Congratulations on your ZF 6 Speed, do you want to compare cost and depriciation :crybaby::w00t2:

He who laughs last, laughs best :msm::tease:

Actually well why not ... yes we will compare costs & depreciation as Ford has recently revised their BF prices & you can purchase a new 2006 mk2 XR6T ZF for $45,000 driveaway!

So you have an old 02 XR6T worth maybe $25,000 which you've already spent at least $15,000+ on and your going to equip it with a $8000+ gearbox????

What were you sayin about costs n depreciation :roflmbo::bum:

On a serious note mate I hope it all goes well for you for I was comtemplating doin this myself with my Nizpro stge II BA XR6T ... keep us all informed of your progress

Cheers

Justin

• 2 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

I am in the process of getting all the bits and pieces together, as it I a MASSIVE undertaking, but as I have said before, I enjoy the journey :idunno::fool::spoton:

I will be converting the ENTIRE management electronics to BF system, including dash wiring, HIM, BEM, PCM all engine bay wiring, and igintion lock, door barrels, and what else :freak: Oh but of course, the transmission itself :fool:

Should all be here soon, so I will keep you informed of the progress.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d

This is one hell of an undertaking Nika so congrats on having a go at it. Like has been mentioned there are easier and cheaper ways to get into a 6 speed but that's not really the point. I get the impression from reading all your posts that your just as much about the journey as the end result, and when it's all said and done your going to end up with one sweet ride. Good luck :crybaby:

Edited by JBomb3000