Ba To Be Bf'ed

Ninka

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d

It's all a learning process, and it is people like Al that everyone else benefits from. Like a tuner who tinkers with the PCM, al has tried almost every conceivable modification available over the last few years, and a lot have already benefited from his "R&D" so to speak.

If the ZF fits in the gap, then I reckon there will be a few people on this forum to take his lead!

If it doesnt fit, nothing a little "massaging" can't fix :spit:

Whats the difference between a BF block with a 4sp auto and a BF Block with a 6sp auto? From what I understand Al currently has a BF bottom end yes?

• Member For: 17y 10m 20d
It's all a learning process, and it is people like Al that everyone else benefits from. Like a tuner who tinkers with the PCM, al has tried almost every conceivable modification available over the last few years, and a lot have already benefited from his "R&D" so to speak.

If the ZF fits in the gap, then I reckon there will be a few people on this forum to take his lead!

If it doesnt fit, nothing a little "massaging" can't fix :laughing:

Whats the difference between a BF block with a 4sp auto and a BF Block with a 6sp auto? From what I understand Al currently has a BF bottom end yes?

I've heard the trans tunnel is different on the BF's to accomodate the 6 speed, but I can't imagine a new floor being remade on really just a model upgrade which is what the BF was.

Good luck and keep us informed

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 24d

I've heard the trans tunnel is different on the BF's to accomodate the 6 speed, but I can't imagine a new floor being remade on really just a model upgrade which is what the BF was.

I agree, and if you look inside the car, a larger tunnel would mean the centre console would have to be different as well, and from what I have been able to see, the BF's look identical to the BA's

Time will tell :laughing:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 28d

Good stuff Whiskas :spoton:Like many others, I will watch with interest......Got to love the pioneering spirit of you guys. At the end of the day we all learn so much :laughing:

• Member For: 17y 11m 28d

I agree, and if you look inside the car, a larger tunnel would mean the centre console would have to be different as well, and from what I have been able to see, the BF's look identical to the BA's

Time will tell :Doh:

Brave man,

Might be very wise to purchase the whole BF Tornado from FGS cause your gonna need allot of bits besides just the box ... then sell off whats left!!!!

Try

-BF ZF Tailshaft

-BF ZF Crossmember

-BF ZF Trans cooler pipe work assembly from heater box

-BF PCM

-BF Complete engine/trans wiring harness

-BF ZF Throttle kickdown switch

-BF Throttle pedal assembly

-BF ZF shifter assembly & surround

-AND upon asking Simon @ Nizpro regarding a ZF auto BA upgrade he stated the BF PCM requires a BF motor TOO for it requires the revised knock sensors and something else to function properly :spit:

Dont let all this phase you though coz I've upgraded to a BF ZF speed!!!

See pic below as to how I did it :blush:

post-8566-1163670671_thumb.jpg

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 8d

If he doesnt try, he'll get bored and do something else anyway so why not attempt the 6sp!!! My mate in Qld has 2 t's a 6sp auto and a 4sp auto and believe it or not he prefers the 4sp... don't ask me why!!

Should keep you entertained anyway.... oh and Al will find a way.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 24d
Brave man,

Might be very wise to purchase the whole BF Tornado from FGS cause your gonna need allot of bits besides just the box ... then sell off whats left!!!!

Try

-BF ZF Tailshaft - Easy as the tailshaft can be bought in bits and pieces

-BF ZF Crossmember - Got it

-BF ZF Trans cooler pipe work assembly from heater box - Got it

-BF PCM - New from Ford

-BF Complete engine/trans wiring harness - New from Ford

-BF ZF Throttle kickdown switch - TBD

-BF Throttle pedal assembly TBD

-BF ZF shifter assembly & surround - Got it

-AND upon asking Simon @ Nizpro regarding a ZF auto BA upgrade he stated the BF PCM requires a BF motor TOO for it requires the revised knock sensors and something else to function properly   :spit:Not too difficult I think

Dont let all this phase you though coz I've upgraded to a BF ZF speed!!!

See pic below as to how I did it   :blush:

Congratulations on your ZF 6 Speed, do you want to compare cost and depriciation :crybaby::Doh:

He who laughs last, laughs best :spit::roflmbo:

Edited by Ninka

• - Track Bound EVO III -
  • Member For: 19y 4m 1d

May the force(d induction ) be with you.......................................................

:blush:

Guest newl
  • Guests

Al, you my friend, are insane. :blush:

Watching you go through these motions with your T has been enjoyable and I'm sure that we'll enjoy this next stage of the journey. :Doh: