Dual Climate Control And Premium Sound Question

• Member For: 16y 5m 10d
Hey Geo,

Yep, you will need all those components, and then some - in there still is missing the r/h air-control motor, and then, if you have a car with auto lights-on feature, and the sunload sensor, you're in luck, otherwise you need to add a new switch-stalk, sunload sensor, and high-range BEM.

From what I can recall, FTG asked about $1750- for the complete kit to enable you to do the conversion - but, best if you touch sides with them.

Ohh cool, thanks for the info Mr Bean...

Luckily ive got the sun sensor thingy and auto headlights feature.. might have to contact FTG soon.

Ohh btw, hows your carputer install going? I've been following your thread/log with interest but noticed you havent updated it for a little while, cant wait to see what it turns out like finished :)

You've given me lots of ideas and actually inspired me to install one myself, bad influence! haha...

The features I'd like to include are:

OBD-II monitoring

WIFI FileSync / email / internet access

USB GPS SatNav (Destinator or Mappoint)

Bluetooth connection to Smartphone with remote mic installed

Touchscreen overlay as main input method

Front/Read Camera discreetly mounted with possible IR (price dependant)

Cupholder replaced with custom plate, styled and color coded for OEM look, incoporating secondary controller, possibly for quick access to track skipping and or switching between front and rear Cameras

USB TV Tuner

I've got all the software side sorted out and tested, just need to investigate the OBD-II side of things in terms of what I need to be able to monitor the onboard car sensors and also need to finalize what hardware platform I'll use to end up running it all. I'm thinking a laptop might be a good solution. I'll go for a USB touchscreen overlay too, but sourcing these things doesnt look all that easy. Someone in another forum mentioned a 3M 6.4 inch overlay should do the job nicely. Will have to look into getting one of those.

I'd also like to try and keep this project at or below $600 which should be possible considering I already have the software and a very cheap (possibly free) source for the PC hardware. Touchscreen overlay is the one I'm concerned with as they are likely to run up to $250 yikes! Then theres the OBD-II monitoring hardware which I dont have a price for yet, lets hope its not too expsensive for that.

Oh BTW, I noticed you live in Doncaster, my better half works in kew!

G.