Dual Climate Control And Premium Sound Question

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 9d

I had some one telling me that if you have the same icc just the sreen is the colour tft and stacker its as easy as unplug old and plug in the new one I and to get my hands on the premium icc unit to

• 2 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 4d

Can someone clear up what is required if I was to swap over to the colour screen icc.

Standard controls no dual climate control.

Surly it would just plug in and need programming from ford?

Also the ICC with colour screen has Video and audio rca input yer?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m

No RCA plugs I'm afraid, but a special plug at the back which allows you to plug in an additional video source.

If you get a colour screen, your ICC needs to be sent to ASL Logistics for re-programming for it to work.

This is where Ford would send it anyhow!

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 1d
maybe a stupid question but can you do this upgrade with a turbo mk2 ba manual ute? :bum:

Sure can mate, I have done this with a BA mk1 ute - Well I should say Ninka did it for me I helped. Took about 6 hours and then back to Ford for a reflash. :stirthepot:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m
cheers.. just 1 more question do the dvds just play in the 6 stacker? :blink:

6 stacker is a CD player, and does not play DVD's.

If you want to play DVD's, you will need either a separate deck with screen, or an upgrade to Premium audio with the TFT screen, and an external DVD player plugged into the external video plug on the back.

DVD Kits are available from ASL Logistics

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 16y 6m 4d
recieved an email from FTG auto salvage about changing the mk1 premo unit to the c/c equipped unit the following pieces are also required for the switch:

you will need a high series bem, some rods that plug onto your him module , lh door mirror , dash loom , and lh door wiring loom

I've got the Premium Sound option which means standarad aircon controls but color LCD for audio etc. To upgrade this ICC to the Premium ICC which includes dual zone climate control etc I take it I would need all of the above parts? Is that correct ? And does anyone know roughly how much it would cost for all these parts? How much did FTG want for them?

Thanks,

G.

• Member For: 17y 11m 17d
I've got the Premium Sound option which means standarad aircon controls but color LCD for audio etc. To upgrade this ICC to the Premium ICC which includes dual zone climate control etc I take it I would need all of the above parts? Is that correct ? And does anyone know roughly how much it would cost for all these parts? How much did FTG want for them?

Thanks,

G.

Hey Geo,

Yep, you will need all those components, and then some - in there still is missing the r/h air-control motor, and then, if you have a car with auto lights-on feature, and the sunload sensor, you're in luck, otherwise you need to add a new switch-stalk, sunload sensor, and high-range BEM.

From what I can recall, FTG asked about $1750- for the complete kit to enable you to do the conversion - but, best if you touch sides with them.