• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d
im 19 on my p's and running 348rwkw. motor is going back in now with cams and oil pump gears I want over 388

Id be buggerd letting my 19yo son drive a 500rwhp car.I wouldnt be promoting it.To many young lives lost with high powerd cars :nono:

Irrespective of where the money comes from the fact remains that modded ,these are very powerful cars and therefore potential death traps, particularly for younger and more inexperienced drivers.

There are some of the older brigade on here who have been there done that and have still bent panels in these things and HAVE BEEN LUCKY :gooff: myself included

Don't think you younger guys are infallible .... you are not. Unfortunately one day ( hopefully not) we will all read some tragic news on this very site , where ambition has exceeded ability.

Just remember that these things will become more and more accessible to younger drivers in coming years. That fact alone makes me very nervous :msm:

Add some mods and inexperience you have a very nasty recipe.

Stay safe guys :blush:

:spoton:

Very sobering post there Julie.....even if you are an old bastard :laughing:

Even without modification these things are potentially dangerous.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 3d
come on jewels.. your just saying that 'cause you're getting old :blush:

by the way the fact is as you get older, your mentality and perception of young drivers changes. You seem to think that p-platers are completely hopeless and should all drive corollas.

and one more thing, older drivers are having accidents racing too, but we never seem to hear about them on the news.. the media mainly focuses on the younger drivers.

Unfortunately that’s the attitude that gets anyone in to trouble. I’m far from the age of some of these guys, but have seen enough carnage to be realistic about things.

Not sure if your post was intended as a piss-take or not, if so it was good, if not grow the f*ck up you moron :laughing:

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 9d

by the way the fact is as you get older, your mentality and perception of young drivers changes. You seem to think that p-platers are completely hopeless and should all drive corollas.

Big difference between a modded T running 300+ rwkw to a corolla with a driver with only a few years on the road.Stand by my comments :blush: What you say is NOT fact but supposition

Not all P platers are better drivers than the rest of the community whether they choose to believe it or not, couple that with big power a fatality is eventually going to be inevitable ..... unfortunately :laughing:

PS ( sh*t stir taken into account)

Edited by Buf-Phoon

• Formerly XR6NA
  • Member For: 18y 3m 27d

I'm 19 as well and was going to get a T at first too until a few things like how much insurance was going to cost etc changed my mind. Don't get me wrong I would love to have a T and a 300rwkw one at that but I agree with buf-phoon I think it was a good idea that I have only gone for the NA to start with. Even in an NA you can quite easily get yourself into trouble if you have over confidence. In a few years time when I got a few more years experience under my belt I will be in the market for a T but until then the NA will do me just fine. :laughing:

• Member For: 20y 2m 16d

Yes I have seen this car about 4months ago it may be the same one it came in for some grills on the front I did see under the bonnet and it had a lot off work on the engine and more was to be dune it was the best BF I have seen and I do not like the BF I am a BA man the inside had a lot off custom gauges and holders made 2 boost gauges big taco nice big chrome wheels it was one with the lot very impressed my wife seed they looked like drug dealers they had a lot off coin on them. I believe they have that power in that car buy what I have seen.

• KILL,KILL,KILL,DIE,DIE,DIE,
  • Member For: 17y 10m 24d

Oooohhh the p plater and fast cars topic, why not learn in a car that your going to drive regardless of the power on your L's with some one that really knows that car and how to drive it.So when they get on there P's they are used to the car the power etc.

Just rember a DRIVER can kill him self in a 70rwkw car as well most crash's are SPEED related which is really errelvant to the power because any car can go fast.

In saying that yes power can be involved by getting to the speed quicker and maybe spinning the wheel's a bit quicker and losing control, but then again you can make a toyota corrola drop a burn out by stalling it then lunching it and then even loosing control and crashing.

So is it power related or more the driver ????