Any Interest In A New Bonnet

appwkc

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 10d

Dudes, not sure if appcwk is a regular forum browser, so it might be worth a PM, or a read through this thread to see who you should PM about it (someone suggested he post here to gauge interest if I remember correctly).

• 3 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 7m 27d

Gidday

Sorry, I pop on this forum occasionally but haven't been checking this thread.

I'm not a regular on this forum and pretty busy at the moment. Metal has been working out a little more difficult than first thought, we are waiting for a new machine from overseas specially designed to shrink the metal and specific metal sheets shipped from interstate.

Initial tests show in 43 degree heat at about 100km/hour the front and rear vents drop the bonnet temperature by 3-4 degrees.

A bonnet with back vents only help when at low speeds in traffic but onces upto speed (80-100km/h) have limited cooling value as they suck air into the engine bay rather than out. When stationary the rear vents are very effective at cooling.

The Person who did my testing has had limited success with other bonnets at dropping the temp and was very impress by initial results. I would need much more testing before the results are definative.

Wayne

• Member For: 17y 7m 27d

Before AWC disappeared we purchased a Fibreglass v8 bulge to trial costs of a fibreglass V8 bulge version with back vents. It has been made but due to AWC's present position we have decided not to pursue that option. I'll be selling that bonnet off soon to clear the space.

We hope to have back vent kits and bonnets available soon after the new equipment arrives but there is a bit more R&D before we can produce the Front vents effectively in bulk.

The process of building parts for this has been more intensive than I first thought so sorry for the delays but given the money already invested we will definately get there.

I'm presently setting up a business web site so people can keep in touch.

I'm trying to get some things ready prior to the FPV day.

Hope this updates peoples without clashing with any forum rules.

I may be slow but I'm not dead yet!

Wayne

• 4 years later...
  • Senior Moron
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 6d

Has anyone got any pics of the bonnet that's in this thread? or did anyone buy one of these bonnets that would like to share a photo?