MUZ580

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

I wonder if it was the same tosser salesman driving the XR5 as it was on the day that me and a few mates took one for a drive.

He kept whinging about how quick we were going on bobbin head road...but shut up once I reminded him that I didn't want him to go with us anyway :spoton:

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
I understand all that, but I dont think this is the cae with XR5, by all accounts it is a beautifully balanced car. Aimed at a reasonable market. It is no STI or Evo killer. But will tempt your Golf GTI, wrx crew etc.

Scotty

I think the GTI would tempt the XR5 crew :spoton:

The two car's don't even compare...

The XR5 is a torque steering, tiny, cheaply put together using cheap materials, creaky sh*tbox that freaks out when seeing a corner. A XT Falcon handles better.

The GTI doesn't have torque steer even when using launch control, and handles brilliantly with next to no body roll, and is a very solid car.

I can see why Aniken, and my workmate chose the GTI over the XR5 after I drove both of them..

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 19d
4wd would make them a fair bit heavioer and a sh*t load more expensive. I rekon they are pretty good as they are. Not having a go Fat, just my thouhgts.

Scotty

Then they should have got it right to start with and made it RWD :laughing:

What about the Mazda 3 MPS, gives all the others a right rogering in performance and it definitely needs 4wd.