Is the manual really that bad?

Guest DZ.

Guest Tommy Boi
  • Guests

I personally think that it would be too hard to make any kind of self judgement from what other people are saying about which transmission to choose.

I think that you're really gonna have to go out there and test drive, and see which one you fancy the most.

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

I think either way I'll be ordering one with a manual. We don't get too much traffic on the Gold Coast so the start-stop thing isn't an issue. The enjoyment I get from driving a manual over an auto will probably far outweigh any negative aspects that the manual may have - but I will take one for a test drive first.... now, where's a dealer that actually has a car I can take for a test drive!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Mal Wood Automotive
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
That raises a good point. What is there to fix the T5? Apparently the 5-3 shift is very poor, even when matching the revs.

Who shifts from 5th to 3rd?

• Brendan Dennis
  • Member For: 21y 6m 10d

Guys,

For those who live in Melbourne there is a XR6 N/A manual (registered Demo) at Jefferson in Mentone. I know it is not a Turbo but if you want to see how the BA Manual box is. See if you can take this one for a spin. I personaly thought the Manual was very nice to use. But then again I loved the Top Loader shift in my old XW Phase 1 as well.. But alas the wife wants an auto. So if it means I need to compromise and have a Auto XR6T. Then that is what will get. Better then an Auto BA XT.... As far as the gear change issue in the middle of a corner in an auto.. This should now be resolved by the Auto shifter. Just flip it over to the manual gate prior to the corner and there will be no surprises.. Personaly my AUII XR6VCT has never done the change mid corner thing. But then again the IRS on the VCT is real nice..

that's my 2c..

Guest DZ.
  • Guests

The standard manual box in the BA is different to the XR6T's isn't it? My understanding was the XR6T is using a beefed up version of the manual that was in the Series 3 XR8.