The Don Is Gone

Cro

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 9d

2 years, 94,000kms, sh*tloads of petrol, 5 sets of tyres, 4 buckled rims, hours detailing it, and hours of fun just driving for the hell of it :spoton:

It was the best car I've ever owned, and I hope that the new owner enjoys it as much as I did... :crybaby:

Some of the most memorable mentions were the reduction in my lap times around Wakefield from 1.26 to 1.16, cruising 2500kms in a weekend including a return day trip to Melbourne. Cruising to Indy in 04, out to Mount Panorama just for the hell of it at midnight on a boring Saturday, cruising around the snowies twice. and the sh*tloads of fun twisty roads I have been on :spoton:

Today I finally made up my mind and put a deposit down on my next car...even though I know I'm going to cop a lot of sh*t from the usual suspects I'll tell everyone what it is...

3.2 litre V6, All wheel drive, DSG 6 speed gearbox, Electric heated leather seats with memory, bi-xenon head lights, sat nav, 18" wheels with sports suspension.

Volkswagen Passat...

post-4-1159605525_thumb.jpgpost-4-1159605542_thumb.jpgpost-4-1159605560_thumb.jpgpost-4-1159605578_thumb.jpgpost-4-1159605589_thumb.jpgpost-4-1159605599_thumb.jpg

I'm going to miss the power of the XRT, and also the sports steering wheel, but I think the comfort and handling of the Passat will make up for it :spoton:

Performance figures are 0-100 in 6.9 and quarter mile in 15, so finally DBoss will be able to beat me :laughing:

I'll still be hanging around, and organising events. I'll just have to go shot gun with someone at the time :spoton:

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 2d

Mate for my money VW are the best car manufactuers at the moment, they are certainly making some fantastic vehicles. I am sure it will be special in so many ways.

Scotty

• Lifetime Members

Ahhh mate, you can ride shotgun with me any time - I love scarin' the sh!t outa people !! :laughing:

Good luck with the VW - good thing I reckon - and by my calculations it will only cost you about $10 to bring it up to the power of the T.

Actually around Wakefield I reckon it will be in the 1:18s at a guess so not really much slower than the T.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
You are going to have fun though wiring up the 18 million driving lights and the 30 to 40 communication devices though.

Scotty

You're not wrong...took me an entire day to pull all the stuff out of the XR :laughing:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 5d

Now who would be low enough to hang :spoton: on you Herbie...

Dont expect to be doin any day trips to Melb in this one, I dont want no bowls brigade VW in my driveway. :spoton:

Good luck with it mate hope it works out better than the last two for ya. :laughing:

Dont let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. :spoton:

:crybaby:I wont mention I'm going to a VW swapmeet tommorow..

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 28d

Top choice mate! The new Passat is awesome. What colour did you go for? What made you got fot the V6 over the Turbo Petrol or Turbo Diesel??

:laughing: