Found Another Option

bdazla

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 2d
The guy on ebay? I have had a look and cant find anything! You got a link?

Nah sorry, I didnt get it through ebay - I got his details and emailed him because I only wanted the convertor, whereas the kit on ebay included a cheapo dvd player. He only lists one ever few weeks, but can make up the convertor in a couple days. Looks like a decent quality set up to me too.

I can pm you his address if you like.

If you could do that it would be great! Its hard to find what I want at a decent price! This system sounds like the right way! Have you got a reverse camera set up too?

• Member For: 18y 1d

Actually I wont pm it, Ill post it in case anyone else is interested. He's a top bloke so I dont mind giving him business.

giuseppe_raciti (at) nemesis-systems (dot) com <--- Im sure you undestand which bits to change in that to get it to work. Like I said, I hear he worked on designing the ICC for ford, so knows his shyt.

I dont have a reverse camera, but when you order the unit, tell him what you want and he wires it up to suit - can be incorporated with reverse camera, GPS, auxillary inputs and phones handsfrees as well.

• Member For: 17y 9m

I had one of those VDO MI2300 Multimedia Modules fitted to my F6. It sits under the passenger seat and feeds the video signals from a DVD player and a VDO Dayton MS 5400 Satnav system to the front screen.

(By the way, don't get caught like I did - the VDO MS5400 is an OLD technology CD-based Satnav system, not a current DVD Satnav system. In fact according to the Siemens VDO Europe web site, they were discounting the 5400 in Europe three years ago to get rid of it before introducing new models. I don't think Siemens VDO sells it anywhere else in the world anymore, cept 3rd world countries.).

Anyway, the VDO Multimedia Module appears to have a problem with the sync signal it outputs, because the picture it sends to the Ford front screen is shifted about half a cm down and half a cm left. That's the picture from both the DVD player and the Satnav System. Bl**dy annoying.

The people who fitted the MM to my car fitted one to another Bf with premium sound, and got the same screen offset. The fitters told me they spoke to VDO about it who said that was how the MM system worked and they couldn't do anything about it.

If anyone has this unit installed and it plays properly to the front console screen in a Ba or a Bf let me know, I want to take this further with Siemens VDO Australia. Thanks.

• Member For: 18y 10m 18d

theblackpig: looking at the pic attatched by missaly, the picture seems pretty well centred.

your making me panic cos I'm having the unit fitted this week!

• Member For: 18y 11m 12d

I may be wrong but from what I can see this is nothing like the alpine unit.. the alpine unit (pro) has 3 preouts and will allow your standard audio system to run through it but then you can add amps and subs etc.. this vdo unit seems to be just an input/ouput device similar to the IVSC blaupunkt units which are around that price. and this means you have to use VDO navigation where the alpine you can use almost any as long as it has an rca out on the nav system... that's where my system came to a halt as the blaupunkt navigation is rgb out only, so I couldnt use the alpine VH Pro

Or will the VDO allow you to use pre outs etc????

• 2 weeks later...
  • Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 9m 10d

Off to Mexico in a couple of weeks to have the VDO SATNAV installed and integrated into the ICC along with a DVD player that fits neatly in tissue holder. ASL Logistics in Braeside doing the work and supplting the gear. We'll investigate feeding I-Pod output through DVD which is coupled directly into icc to avoid the whine through the aux input.

Dingah

• 9 months later...