Found Another Option

bdazla

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 28d

I have just been following this up at autobarn as we deal with them through work.

They say the VDO box is slow to load up and all that compared to the Alpine stuff. But at around $400 its a price I would pay. Never in a rush to load a DVD anyway! The alpine stuff seemed to have to many options to pick before you could load a DVD anyway.

I was also told the reverse camera would be around $500! WTF. Can anyone see a reason we couldn't use one from jarcar or the like?

I wont be going through these guys as they only wanted me to buy the new thing on the block as they have not fitted one yet! And there prices are high! I told them I only wanted to use DVD on the screen and a reverse camera! They kept telling me I could and speakers and sh*t! haha! Sell me what I want or I walk away! Tools!

Its beginning to look like the factory ASL logistics supplied stuff might be the go for me! About the same price if have to buy this expensive camera, a dvd player and the like!

what are your guys thoughts! The alpine hub as $1300 then you had to buy the other stuff as well!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5d

farcanal.

All I'm really interested in is playing mp3 through the system, which I can feed through the boosted AUX input anyway (albeit without track menu selection on the ICC itself, just the mp3 player).

I think I'll just look at upgrading the speakers and sub, along with ASLs low level output mod, and fit a decent amp in place of the factory unit perhaps.

• Member For: 18y 27d

Im installing a JVC dvd player into my car next week and running it through the box that the guy on ebay sells (normally as a package with a viscom dvd). You can run reverse cameras through it if you want. Ive got all the bits now, but getting a custom surround made up so it doesnt look tacked on. I chuck some pics up when done.

• Used to work at the Ford Proving Ground!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 28d
Im installing a JVC dvd player into my car next week and running it through the box that the guy on ebay sells (normally as a package with a viscom dvd). You can run reverse cameras through it if you want. Ive got all the bits now, but getting a custom surround made up so it doesnt look tacked on. I chuck some pics up when done.

The guy on ebay? I have had a look and cant find anything! You got a link? Thought it was going to be easy to sort out all this but there are to many options!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 11d

I had that Interface MI2300 installed about a month ago, I was charged $399 which included the remote and installation. The box sits under the left passenger seat.

This is hooked up to my VDO roof mount dvd player

post-4173-1157196125_thumb.jpg

Edited by Miss_Aly

• Member For: 21y 4m 16d
I had that Interface MI2300 installed about a month ago, I was charged $399 which included the remote and installation. The box sits under the left passenger seat.

Hey Miss_Aly, Where did you get yours intalled ?

I've been thinking about doing something similar (likely to be an asl kit) however this way I feel that I have more control over component choice - like my own DVD player :thumbsup:

• Member For: 18y 27d
The guy on ebay? I have had a look and cant find anything! You got a link?

Nah sorry, I didnt get it through ebay - I got his details and emailed him because I only wanted the convertor, whereas the kit on ebay included a cheapo dvd player. He only lists one ever few weeks, but can make up the convertor in a couple days. Looks like a decent quality set up to me too.

I can pm you his address if you like.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 11d

I've been thinking about doing something similar (likely to be an asl kit) however this way I feel that I have more control over component choice - like my own DVD player :spoton:

I got mine installed at Autobarn :spoton:

• Member For: 21y 4m 16d

I've been thinking about doing something similar (likely to be an asl kit) however this way I feel that I have more control over component choice - like my own DVD player :spoton:

I got mine installed at Autobarn :spoton:

Anyone who has installed one of these (or similar) care to share how they went about it (any pics or hints).

I'm not too keen to go to Autobarn..... :laughing::spoton: