Shahin Update

Master G

• Member of team Kittens
  • Member For: 20y 1m 5d
a hole in your back pocket the size of a bus !!!

Stop understating things robin....

More the size of he titanic :pinch:

cheers :spoton:

Ben.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 6d

I wondered what that draft was ;) Who needs money when we can go fast.... :spoton:

Gearbox back in with some new mods to help the Shift (not sure what was done yet).

A stronger spring also went into the external wastegate.

Back on the road Thurs/Friday.

Next week the fuel issues will be addressed, Fuel Pump and/or surge tank.

Regards

M G

• Donating Members

Heh thought about the offer for about 10 nano seconds. ;) Thanks though SavageD. :)

Next step for the coming week is replacing the in tank fuel pump as well as playing with the shift points in the gearbox. Then it should be ready for a power tune and possibly a couple of tester runs at WSID.

Regards

M G

• Member For: 20y 3m 7d

Bet you can't wait to get it all sorted Master G --- but on the other hand, when

you think it's all sorted---you will want to do more :spoton: I know--I have the

same problem.

A donk with bling--I like it

KILLER

• Donating Members

F6 Ute, not sure what the latest developments with Goldbullet is in regards to the plenum. To date I haven't had any issues with it but we are only running the system on an easy 16psi for the 385rwkw.

Plans will see us playing with the power over the next couple of days to push that up a little. If there are any developments I will post them up. I will also get Spiro to check through Croydon if they have had any issues with any of the Plenums that have gone out.

Regards

M G

• 3 months later...
  • Faster than any BTA,XTC,Autotech, Nizpro and Tunehouse car
  • Member For: 20y 9m 6d

So Jeff whats the latest I heard you've been out to WSID and im wondering how all the extra power has helped your 1/4 mile times?

CYA JEFF :sick:

• Donating Members

Jeff,

Things have been a little slow getting Shahin fully back and on the road, let alone out to WSID for a decent crack at a better time.

Since my last update the engine was rebuilt. There were some issues with the type of rods we were using in a few cars so rather than take the chance we decided to pull them out and put in some stronger ones again.

The plenum was replaced. I didn't have any issues but as there were some failures so CRD had the plenum re manufactured stronger and a new one was supplied to replaced mine.

On the cosmetic side some new Hiro rims to replace the Simmon's. :spoton:

Apart from that I got Shahin back just before Christmas and have just run in the new engine so back for some tuning next week.

I also have a photo shoot coming up for one of the mags and they have asked I keep Shahin away from the drags until its shot, apparently a few cars they have had booked in have broken something.

So at the moment plans are retune next week, photo shoot and then some serious attempts to set some PB's.

A this stage its just good to have my 'T' back and to be able to drive!

Regards

M G