Newcastle Area

Muzza

• Member For: 14y 3m 30d

Guys,

Got a quick questions. I was defected tonight for my exhaust being under 100mm from the ground, and my BOV vented to atmosphere (according to the police). I have no worries about getting these cleared but was just concerned he has only given me until Monday evening to have this fixed.

I know I cannot drive after this point but if I don't have this cleared by then does my car become unregistered?

Thanks

Andrew

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 10m

Andy I think you can still drive it but only to a mechanic to either get the problems fixed or the defect cleared. Best give them a ring. I know you dont drive around like an idiot and your rig isnt outlandish how come they picked on you?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 30d

andy go talk to athol mullins engineer.. he engineered my blow off valve venting to atmosphere as our car are map sensored cars and the release of air does not change emissons, and if you can lift the car above 100mm he will sign that off too... you can drive the car to get repairs so if you book teh car in to get repaired after work I dont see why you couldnt drive it to work then the repair shop.. its what I did..

ryan I will have too look at new roster as I go on infield that month

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 30d

andy you usually have a month from when the defect says you can not drive before they will cancel rego.. you get a warning letter

• Member For: 14y 3m 30d

Thanks guys, was talking to a friend of a friend who is a police officer, he confirmed what you said.

Ryan, was a bit of bad timing to be honest, was turning onto a main road from a side street in the rain with a tad to much throttle, stepped out slightly. Pretty much right at that moment a highway pulled up at the opposite corner. He turned and followed me so I just pulled over.

He fined me for having my fog lights on, and just a usual car search. I guess I was lucky he could have been a real bastard I suppose.

Anyways lesson learned, have to throw some more weight in the back next rain lol.

Mitch, you mind me asking what they charge for engineering certificates?

Andrew.

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 10m

Ah well I guess you win some you lose some. Your attitude and pulling over early probably saved you.

Cool about the cruise might start a list so people can add their names. Cut n paste shaggers. Hopefully Mitch has the Datmobile sorted, I'm not gonna say what he's doing lalalalala :stirthepot:

Rhino

Andy

Edited by Rhino1980

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 3m 2d

Set a confirmed date and ill be in. Ive gone too the length of raising my car off the ground and supporting it so as I dont get flat spots in my tires, that's how long I have not driven it :)