Newcastle Area

Muzza

• Member For: 14y 3m 29d

I haven't been able to get a hold of Justin yet so maybe you guys might be able to offer some insight.

My car was tuned on 12 - 12.5 psi and all seemed good when I installed my boost gauge, as everything read where it was meant to.

However the last few days I have noticed a jump in psi (13 - 14psi), I put it down to the cooler weather of a night however this afternoon driving home it was reaching 15psi.

The car did accelerate more aggressively so I don't think it could be a gauge error, but an actual increase in psi.

Any suggestions what could have caused this? or am I worrying about nothing?

Andrew.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 15d

clean your boost control solinoid and check associated lines for leaks .

check the line to the actuator . any mods done of late ?

Edited by quadie

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 9m 30d

Yeah Andy have a look at the solenoid like Sean said. Its an arsehole to get to though. Another possibility could be actuator itself is fudged, though at 12.5 I wouldn't think it would have been hammered into retirement. Check your dyon sheet, is peak power at twelve, twelve point five but actual peak boost higher?

• Flat out like a lizard drinkin !
  • Member For: 14y 3m 1d

A few things too look for, Basic things that is, before having to go back to the shop.

1) Your Boost actuator line, Running to the boost control sensor near your drivers headlight. (Make sure this is connected with no leak)

2) The increase of weather temp should not increase boost levels, your ECU should control this. (should be clarified)

3) Your Actuator may be sticking, I had my actuator stick on me.

4) or as the boys said your Boost sensor (Underneath your Drivers headlight) may need some silicon spray down the tube,

what aftermarket ecu managment does it have?

and does the power increase feel really sharp not flowed or progressive.?

Edited by FIERCE

• Member For: 14y 3m 29d

Thanks guys, ill check my boost sensor and lines when I get a chance this weekend. My only mods since the tune are an installation of boost and oil temp gauges.

There was trouble with the stock actuator when tuning and a replacement was fitted, so I hope there isn't any problems there.

Looking at my dyno printout, my peak boost would be no higher then 12.5 or 13psi (difficult to make out on the printout)

My car was tuned at backtrack using a SCT 3 Flash Device, the power delivery is smooth much like the tune was, just packs more punch when it fully spools.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 29d

andy all I can say... is there ever a thing such as too much boost?? just think of it as a present lol

and what type of gauge did you install?? cause I know my autometer cobalt reads 3-4psi higher then the dyno..

• 09JET
  • Member For: 14y 9m 30d

Andy I'd just nurse it bro until you get hold of Justin. If its an electronic gauge it should be pretty accurate but like Mitch said a mechanical gauge may give an error.

You guys know anyone who's after a GT45 (used but in good condition) on a new 6boost manifold with external gate, 4 inch dump, water and oil lines for $4500?

I just ordered a replacement alloy elbow for my FG that gets rid of the plastic flat one that comes from the factory. The new one is 3 inch the whole way. It will have to be be better for throttle response and worth a few wasps you'd think. It's going on next Wednesday (after I get mysteriously sick on Tuesday arv and can't go to work on Wednesday) in Sydney then I'm out to WSID with some MT's for a crack at an 11, cross your fingers for me guys! I don't know how I will go I think my gearbox is just starting to slip :blush: Anyone else wanna come down for a blast? It's fifty bucks and you just need a helmet and some long pants/sleeves/shoes.

when are you going Ryan ? .... I think I will need a tilt tray handy, but I might be keen to go, if I can get the time off ? it will most likely be towed back, somethings gotta break lol.

Also , As for Cruise Dates ..

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VENUE DATE : 5th March

MEETING POINT : Hexam BP

VENUE SITE : Heddon Greta Drive in. (Green hornet) or Unstoppable)

PRE VENUE : Dinner and drinks at local Pub

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The more numbers we get the better the prices will be at the drive in , over 10 cars we get a discount, etc.

Post your interests, If I get a good response I will go ahead with the pricing and bookings.

Please forward this too the local ford forums also .

QUOTE THIS MESSAGE, your name / Plate if you wish to come along.