• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d

It's kind of like car DNA.

HSV and BMW (might be others) have it on all their cars, HSV call it HSV DNA.

It consists of the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number), and it is sprayed around 10,000 times all over the car, on each part.

The print is hard to see with the naked eye, usually a magnifying glass is needed.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 27d

Datadot is a great idea, l think it would be something l would option if l had the choice.

Article in the Age today claiming that theives are finding it harder to steal cars these days with immobilisers/alarms etc and so now are targeting items such as 18" wheels. Datadots would help reduce the chance of this kind of theft, as well as the car itself and the rebirthing market that follows.

Guest stu
  • Guests
Datadot is a great idea, l think it would be something l would option if l had the choice.

Article in the Age today claiming that theives are finding it harder to steal cars these days with immobilisers/alarms etc and so now are targeting items such as 18" wheels. Datadots would help reduce the chance of this kind of theft, as well as the car itself and the rebirthing market that follows.

Saw the Age articel too - sounds like a reasonable deterrent, especially on rims, tyres, etc that can be taken off pretty easily.

Guest shunt
  • Guests

:) The Data Dot technology is brilliant this I believe with the Quicktrack is a great way to insure against theft. If I owned a $50,000 vehicle an extra couple of bob isn't going to really hurt for a secure vehicle.

:)

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d
:) The Data Dot technology is brilliant this I believe with the Quicktrack is a great way to insure against theft. If I owned a $50,000 vehicle an extra couple of bob isn't going to really hurt for a secure vehicle.

:)

It's a shame Ford didn't put something similar to this in place with the BA series especially the XR and GT models.

• Member For: 21y 3m 24d

I could see the point of getting it applied if I was in Sydney or Melbourne, but I'm not. It was my dealer that was trying to do the hard sell considering the car sold itself. ;)