Popups When Loading Forum

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 25d

Yep, it just happened again. See screen grabs from Symantec. Note that the second and third image are the same error message however, as it would not allow me to expand the dialog box, it is shown as two separate images.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Having a look now. Not sure what this is. Doesnt happen for me on several computers. Do you have spyware software running on your machine?

I have also done an AV Sweep of all files in the site and have detected nothing.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 17d

Have verified with Symantec that it is in fact a virus on your machine. It is not related to the site in anyway and possibly something that you have picked up and is loaded with you use your browser.

More info can be found here:

http://www.trendmicro.com/vinfo/virusencyc...=TROJ_SMALL.AGP

My suggestion is to install Spybot Search and Destroy and verify any spyware on your machine. This can be found here: http://www.safer-networking.org/en/download/index.html

Or if you are running Windows XP SP2 - You can download Microsoft Windows Defender to do a search - http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx

Let me know how you go. It is definently related to your machines having spyware on them.

• Complete Bastard
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 3m 25d

Running a corporate version of Symantec Antivirus (10.0.2.2001) however, as most of the options within it are locked down by the IT guys (this is a very large company), I am unable to determine whether there is any Anti spyware running. To my knowledge, no, there is no Anti spyware running

• Member For: 18y 1d

Wow.. theres been quite a few responses to my post!

No, I havent had any pms - all the websites start with www.seeq... etc. But they are blocked by firefox.

Im on a work computer - doesnt pick up any viruses etc. and I dont get any popups on any other pages.. wierd.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d

I ran Spybot as Chris suggested and came up with this...

post-971-1152687771_thumb.jpg

My Symantec Anti-Virus software is updated daily and it's been picking up a virus called "downloader" everytime I log on here. It didn't however stop the thing in the pic above happening.

I'll let you all know if I get hit again. :blush:

• Member For: 20y 7m 5d

Mine 2 have to hit the back button twice.

Adam you can ignore the spybot message it just means in your Service pack 2 setting under control panel, windows security centre, antivirus updates is set to not monitored, you can enable it to stop getting that error, just click on recommendations and enable.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 27d
In the past three days, when loading the Forum home page, I have had Symantec Antivirus go into fits and suggest there is a virus from a html page on the site.  I can't identify what it is, Symantec can't clean it so it deletes it.  It does not happen every time (probably due to caching) however, this only started on Monday and has appeared three times so far.  I have no idea why.

I don't know if this is related to your query or not.

I have also had this problem just this week.

Also have to hit the back button twice to return to the previous page.

the same thing has happened to me... two days ago I got a virus warning when I opened the site... ever since then I have had to hit the back button twice to get back to the previous page :blush:

only get it when I open this site :smilielol: