• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d
On 15/02/2022 at 10:37 PM, k31th said:

and dessert :)

QN8rNdm.jpg

These doughnuts are way better than the ones a couple of posts up. They taste as good as they look ;)

Got these doughnuts again. More expensive now (thanks Covid...), but tried them with lemon curd instead of injected jam... bloody delicious once you slather the lemon curd all over them haha

Wba9g6B.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d

Steamed veggies and a protein shake. No pics, coz was hungry and not overly inspired. Fuel, though...so there's that.

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 14d

That's probably getting a bit tooo far down the "food is fuel" path for my liking haha. Thanks, though 😁

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 27d

Any curd is a good curd :beeer:

In other cooking related news...We all like a good feed and some of the best meals are high in fat. The lad was getting butt hurt the other night about me stopping him eating all of the cheese smashed potatoes, so last night the family sat down with the scales and various foods to teach the kids about calories etc. The kids were blown away that approx an 8th of a shotglass (10 grams) of cooking oil has the same amount of energy as an apple or 3 carrots.

I think now they will understand what I mean when I tell them, they can't just eat whatever they want until they're full. Yeah you can eat some "unhealthy" food every now and then, but as your parent I'm not letting you turn into a giant fat carnt cos you want all the cheese on your dinner and have extra thicc 1000 calorie pb sammiches for morning and afternoon snack.

Fortunately I'm fatter than I should be, so I can use myself as an example of what happens when too many calories go in and not enough get used.

• Like 1

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 11m 28d
On 21/01/2023 at 11:19 AM, Puffwagon said:

Fortunately I'm fatter than I should be, so I can use myself as an example of what happens when too many calories go in and not enough get used.

Ah yes, the classic "do as I say not as I do". Good tactic that one! ;)