Whats On The Menu

phantomchic

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

Took the missus out for her birthday for steak at a nearby place called Hunter & Barrell. They do this "Hunter Basting" thing which is an unknown mix basted on the outside while cooked over coals & fire.

She took a liking to the knives... interesting looking

1QRGTN9.jpeg

She had the New York cut, 350g. Cooked medium-rare

l1e88so.jpeg

I got the 700g T-Bone (yeah, it had a salad on the side, not pictured), approx 4-5 marbling score, also cooked medium-rare.

HMzeQEC.jpeg

1tJ2sF2.jpeg

The basting with the flame grilling makes a delicious and unique taste combination :) Very much enjoyed this. Keeping the t-bone on the hot skillet was a good idea as it took a while to eat such a big steak :bigdrool:

• Like 3

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7m 10d

Took j@ out for date night last night. 
Meat and Wine Co ... fairly fancy as we’ve been not date nighting due to my mum having covid for the last few weeks. 

ambience was great 

8uLrfaB.jpg

I had the snapper and cauliflower pure 

7YO9yle.jpg

im sure j@ will post his steak as I didn’t get pics of it 

• Like 4

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

We haven't had a night out alone since before kids I reckon...that's over 10 years :yikes:

We had lunch once or twice when we've had the day off together, but yeah no dinners or movies etc. The mother in law is here until Wednesday so maybe I can talk the missus into leaving the kids with her for a night?!

• 1 month later...
  • less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 13d

steak :) very tasty this one, but a bit sinewy so a bit chewy but just rip it apart with your teeth and you're good to go :drool:

qCo4Y4P.jpg

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 2m 24d

Cooked up a nice fried rice tonight with the missus. We've nearly got the flavour and texture perfect, just like take out...or better lel.

Just the right amount of white stuff, brown stuff, green stuff and yellow stuff. Haha don't forget the pink bits lol :nyam:

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y 25d

Steak seems to make a frequent appearance here, so figured I'd add mine from the weekend.

Hefty 1.1kg ribeye steak.

Bought on Thursday, salted and left to dry in the fridge over night. Removed the salt, coated it in a little bit of oil to let the seasoning stick, added pepper and seasoning. Vac bagged it with some garlic, didn't have any other aromatics at the time, like rosemary and thyme. 

Chucked it in the sous vide for 4 hours @ 54°C. Threw it on the bbq which had been getting nice and hot for a while, cooked for 5ish minutes to get a mintttttt crust/char on it. Cut and served.

Had this along with a bbq'ed chicken, lamb, and a variety of salads with some mates. Was a good time 👌

By far the best steak I've ever made, it was absolutely amazing.

lEpO2Js.jpg

eGuX654.jpg

Better view of the important photos xD 

GOqOZkN.jpg zgI5vUd.jpg

• Like 4