Whats On The Menu

phantomchic

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Made the cheapest laziest taco mix this evening and the kids reckon it was the best one yet!

Just 1 tin of kidney beans, 1 tin of black beans, taco seasoning mix from taste.com minus the chilli, 1 cup of beef stock, pressure cook for half an hour then add 1 tsp of beef gravy powder in 1/4 cup cold water.

Together with salad and 20 taco shells I reckon it cost about $12 all up.

• Like 2

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

First attempt at making brioche buns in preparation for some southern fried chicken burgers we're having tomorrow.

My crappy kitchen scale couldn't accuratly measure when I added yeast. Recipe asked for 9g but no idea how much I added cause the buns are MASSIVE.

Had a tester not long after they came out the oven, super soft!! Very happy with the results.

Not quite as soft as store bought, but those ones tend to use other additives likes amylase. That stuff just enhances pretty much every aspect of the bread. Makes it softer on the inside, and also helps the caramelisation (browning) of the outer part of the bun. Couldn't get my hands on some in time. I will eventually though :) 

DnYC5nx.jpg

• Like 3

• [IMPULSIV3]
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 5y

Southern fried chicken burgers were a success 😎

Used the buns I made before, next time I'ma make the buns a little smaller. They were farking massive

Its hard to see the scale of these monsters. For reference, placed next to a beer bottle, the burgers ended up at the neck of the bottle

9MtDlkh.jpgBGKwxhZ.jpg

Here's me, with absolutely no fkn idea what I am doing but loving every moment of it, especially after a couple rums - which btw, if you like rum should defs give this one a try!

NaJ5W4M.jpg

• Like 3