Whats On The Menu

phantomchic

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

Nah there's lamer. I almost dad joked a dude in his 60's the other day.

We were both returning our beer bottles to the recycling yard and he drank the same beer as me. He had about 50 cartons in his trailer (that took 6 months to drink apparently) and it took all my willpower not to say, "Would you like a hand carton them over to the bench". I didn't cos there were two dudes that were all of 18 working there, being farken slow asses, so I let them do their job.

Here's a lamer dad joke;

Kid: Can I have my tablet?

Me: I dunno, can you?

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d

Question to all the pro's and "young" farks

Am doing a BBQ on the Aust Day weekend for the daughters 30th b/day (full day/weekend event)

Am doing a pig on the spit, brisket, chicken wings, bacon wrapped stuff, ribs etc

Even doing real chips in the fryer.

Need an idea on the other stuff.

Do kids these days like salad, bread, condiments, finger food etc?

Am good with the meat and fatty/greasy stuff etc, not so good with the other stuff.........

What are the small bits I need to do to tie it all together?

Please help me make it perfect.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 6m 16d

Myself and my girl friends love small stuff to pick at when having drinks...to just have around the table... drinks make u hungry pre and post meal just for small stuff. 

Antipasto and cheese type platters to pick at....can sit on the table and don’t get cold etc.

mini items like arrancini balls, chicken wings, spring rolls, garlic bread and bread rolls....  If u wanna get fiddly then prawns or prawn skewers, meat balls or pork balls, little items like that are great to pick at... and some good quality store bought versions of those are available so you don’t have to go nuts. 

Also don’t skimp on the condiments (not that I think you would) eg. blue cheese or ranch sauce for the wings, garlic aoli, ketchup, bbq sauce (the jack Daniels one is good) etc. 

salads are are a good side... again if you have a good fish and chip shop near by or deli, order one large of each of them and they will prepare say... a good pasta salad, a Greek salad and a potato salad. Saves you the hassle of making them and they will be good quality if they’re small deli made etc. 

To be honest I’d say your Smokey meaty stuff will be the highlight... sounds fhhharkn amazing rabola! 

For example... we have a place here called Tony and marks who are a fruit and veg place but do amazing platters!!!! Some of these ... and your set. 

4514A5EE-8B9E-4A7D-83BD-F511234E2688.jpeg

28C269FD-8494-4A5F-B485-170C42E7EE9E.jpeg

• Like 1

• WOT?
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 11y 1m 3d
4 minutes ago, Princess Fluffy said:

arrancini balls

Found one I didn't know 

Thanks Fluff :)

Cheese/antipasto platter through the day sounds like it'd work

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 1m 28d

That's all you need hey, and the best part is you don't have to spend a couple of hours preparing it. Of course you could always save a few bucks by doing it all yourself, but I think you don't really mind spending a few more bucks to save the time.