Sudden Power Loss

incito

• Member For: 18y 26d

Im another one of those people that jump in about their own problems...

Mine does similar things, but doesnt completely lose power, more hesitates and seems to struggle for a few minutes after it starts doing it.. then goes away. If valve springs were causing the problem, would the car run like crap for a few minutes and then come good, or would it be for only a couple seconds.

I know what snapped valve springs sound like, did it twice in my old 355. certainly feels/sounds the same, but in the 355 it didnt go away until I put new springs in... lol.

thanks.

Edited by KTASTRPHE

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 10m 4d

If it's valve springs then dripping your boost levels should remove the problem...if you have a lower (7-8psi) program try that and see if there is any difference.

Dingah

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d

Tried Lower boost and problem was still there. The tuners reloaded the flash and I updated the computer with no change. The problem is now getting worst so that it does it every time I nail it. I can still get the speed out of the car as long as I accellerate slowly... it will pull right up to the cutout...engine only dies it I give it more than about 1/2 throttle in any gear.

It's going on the Dyno again Monday and hoepfully will fault so we can nail down the issue

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d

Think we identified this. When using the flash that was in the vehicle when I went to the tuner (probably a late 05 version) we have the issue but if we revert back to a flash that is 12 months old the problem is gone. Is it possible that Ford have put something into the newer code that knobbles cars when you try to up the boost?

• Member For: 18y 26d

Well, my car is sitting at ford as we speak and they are waiting on some FPV valve springs... which they almost didnt give me on warranty, because apparently the car salesman was telling lies when he said the car was covered by full warranty as it was already modded when I bought it.

• 12 years later...
  • Member For: 6y 10d

Did you ever get to the bottom of this issue?  I'm having exactly the same issue.  I'm running 15lb of boost with high flow cat 1000cc injectors 255lph fuel pump and a plazmaman intercooler.  It like I just hit a wall.  Cant figure it out.  Happened on my previous tune (10lb from a different tuner) and again on this new tune.