Custom Stereo Install

Paradoxx

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 6m 15d

I dont really see why you would bother? its not like you can change your design now to get the correct box size :fool:

If anyone is looking at doing a box properly (matching the box to the driver) then you should get a program called bass box pro.

you put in all the specs of the driver (speaker) and it will give you the ideal box size and port dimension and length. You can then change the box size to fit your space and it will show you a chart on what effect it will have on the end output result. its a top program :spoton:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 27d
Dunno, I'll post the dimensions when it's finished if anyone wants to work it out... It does look small but it's quite wide so it might make up for it there. Be good if I had autocad or something then I could punch in the dimensions and it would calculate capacity for me.

I know, I'll fill it up with water and measure how much comes out :spoton:

JK :tease:

nah bourbon mate, then drink whatever comes out, even if you have to drill holes haha !! :fool:

nah try bean bag beans, easiest way to measure volume of anything !!

• Member For: 18y 8m 26d

I have done a few aftermarket stereos in the ba xr6 t and have a method that fixes the noise each and every time for me. every signal cable is done with twisted pair and wrapped in aluminium foil and I make sure you have a true earthing loc and the best I have found is the alpine one, I am also waitin to see the new alpine vehicle hub made specifically for the ba which will iclude video inputs and outputs, 3 sets of audio rca to send signal from oem system to aftermarket amps and more, and best part is it should be under a grand.

thanks matt

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 26d

ITS FINISHED!!

Well sorta... still needs covering... but structurally it's finished :blush: and it fits like a glove

Here's the bit closest to the seats, it fits much better than I expected

Will measure it up and add dimensions later