Custom Stereo Install

Paradoxx

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 9d

What ya reckon? I had the top piece done but stuffed up the sides (cut the angles the wrong way) so I'll do that some time during the week. Not a bad weekends effort I think (spent about 6 hours on it total)

I wonder why u cut it wrong???

QUOTE "It must be bourbon 'o clock "

QUOTE "IM off to the pub"

:spoton:

Dave

Well done mate it looks tops so far :crybaby:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 20d

nice Steve, but I wont be able to poke my surfboard through the seat!!!!!

does this also mean that the with it blocking the hole less noise will make its way through to the cabin?? I'm trying to upload some vids of youngys car onto putfile and its taken ages and havent even got to the second one yet?? damn it.

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 4d

I wanted it to fit so that I didnt have to drop the seats to get it to sound good. I'm thinking of a way to use the gap in the parcel shelf to create a port where the factory sub usually goes. I think cutting it open and sealing the edges with a grille should do the trick (or get hold of a parcel shelf with the grille already in it)

• Colossal Member

What ya reckon? I had the top piece done but stuffed up the sides (cut the angles the wrong way) so I'll do that some time during the week. Not a bad weekends effort I think (spent about 6 hours on it total)

I wonder why u cut it wrong???

QUOTE "It must be bourbon 'o clock "

QUOTE "IM off to the pub"

:wub:

Dave

Well done mate it looks tops so far :spoton:

Some of my best work was done with half a bottle of bourbon :spoton:

• Colossal Member

An Amplifier :laughing:

I havent actually shopped around yet, I am probably thinking of getting two new subs and and a dedicated amp... no idea what yet... or how much I wanna spend! In which case I will be selling the sub pictured above with it's box.

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6m 6d
An Amplifier :siihp:

I havent actually shopped around yet, I am probably thinking of getting two new subs and and a dedicated amp... no idea what yet... or how much I wanna spend! In which case I will be selling the sub pictured above with it's box.

Have a look at the new Jaycar amps, you will not get better value. :laughing:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 4d

Hey Steve,

If the Airforce turns sour for you, carpentry it is then :siihp:

Looks like a decent project for you, good luck :laughing:

• Colossal Member

Ahhh nothing wrong with being multiskilled :nono:

It's not much different from fitting I did in basic technical training. Yeah I was working with metal, but this is just a softer version of the same task.

Be good if I had a band saw or a circular saw... the jigsaw makes it very difficult to cut angles. Matching up the top angles on the box is quite tricky. Once I get it complete I will measure it up properly and let everyone know the dimensions if there's a few keen people in here. I had to make the speaker side taller than the back (so the top actually slopes) to fit the 12s in, but it would be easier to make this type of box for 2 10s.

The Jaycar amps... they are good but how well do they last? I know they are basically the same components as most other amps, but its the quality of those components that u dont know. I'll definitely look into them though, thanks :pooh:

• Colossal Member

Just reading up on this sucker http://www.jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?I...x=&SUBCATID=595

Looks good... but I thought that about my Sony Amp which shat itself several times going into protect mode. I would have to see one in action I think.