Turbosmart Blow Off Valves Thread

urslow

• Resident golf buggy drift champion
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 6d

Im thinking of ordering one of these in the next few days...has anyone got any feeback on them?

I believe they are a direct replacement.

Atmo and plumb back adjustable for the best of both worlds :banghead:

$310 from autobarn or $299 online..

http://www.tweakit.net/shop/product_info.p...075&detail=true

http://www.turbosmart.com.au/index.php?id=26

Dave

• Like 1

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d

I have fitted one of these about a yr ago. They are a duel port but even when screwed tight you will still have the atmo noise. Easy as to fit with not a single mod required. I like it and think it sounds good, but there are many people here that hate atmo valves. cheers

• Donating Members

sik....nothin like the sound of a bov pushing 15psi..

Ill get one next week.

25mm?

Got any pics of it installed?

Dave

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 17d

I dont have any pics unfotunately. I have put my valve on nang3's typhoon and there was not much difference in sound. Will be interesting with 15psi!!!! Its alot different to the std bosch plumpback valve!!!

Mines on std boost by the way. Also when you give it wide open throttle it kinda makes a double vent!! You have a manual yeah?

• Donating Members
I dont have any pics unfotunately. I have put my valve on nang3's typhoon and there was not much difference in sound. Will be interesting with 15psi!!!!  Its alot different to the std bosch plumpback valve!!!

Mines on std boost by the way. Also when you give it wide open throttle it kinda makes a double vent!! You have a manual yeah?

Nope.....Doesnt mean it wont work when I back off :msm: and mine to is standard boost but I have only afew more weeks to wait for 15psi. YAY

Dave

• Team Grandpa
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 11m 26d
I dont have any pics unfotunately. I have put my valve on nang3's typhoon and there was not much difference in sound. Will be interesting with 15psi!!!!  Its alot different to the std bosch plumpback valve!!!

Nope.....Doesnt mean it wont work when I back off :spoton: and mine to is standard boost but I have only afew more weeks to wait for 15psi. YAY

Dave

Edit coming Dave?

• Donating Members

Nope.....Doesnt mean it wont work when I back off :spoton: and mine to is standard boost but I have only afew more weeks to wait for 15psi. YAY

Dave

Edit coming Dave?

mmmmmmmmmaybe....

• Donating Members

I Installed the BOV today and have some pics..

I decided to face the trumpet back towards flywall for two reasons. 1. I think you need a longer hose to make it turn all the way up so the trumpet is facing the bonnet..wasnt quite long enough to turn...and 2. it looks more stock (In case of cops) when u cant fully see a trumpet looking straight at u.

What do you think?

It sounds a hell of alot louder and the duration of the noise is quite long ..2 secs maybe when u come on boost and then back off...

I like it anyway and recommend it to anyone that wants a BOV but doesnt want ot buy an adapter kit and piping to keep that stock look :spoton:

Took me about 1/2 hour and u only need a good set of long nosed pliers.

Dave

Size of the unit TURBOSMART KOMPACT DUAL PORT 25mm BOV

Size.JPG

Top.JPG

Standard BOSCH BOV

Std%20unit.JPG

Std%20unit%20out.JPG

Installed

Installed.JPG

• THE Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 20d

Can you get it to not make any noise and plum back like you are supposed too?

Would be good if you wanted to go stealth and IH8TOADS said it was still loud on his?

Chooka

• Donating Members
Can you get it to not make any noise and plum back like you are supposed too?

Would be good if you wanted to go stealth and IH8TOADS said it was still loud on his?

Chooka

Still makes a bit on minimum..but ive got it about 1/2 way..

Anyone know the bov laws.....is it the noise they care about or what, coz plumb backs can still make heaps of noise..

Dave