Aftermarket Exhausts

mcjb_xr6t

• Member For: 19y 8m 13d

I'm currently looking to do the exhaust also (car run out of warranty last week, let the games begin lol), and by the time you get a new dump and cat fitted, you might as well get a complete system.

I got priced $880 for the xforce 4" dump and 3.5" cat, so by the time you get it fitted with a y piece into the stock exhaust, you're looking at $1,000+. I've decided to go the xforce single 3.5 (I don't mind if it's a bit louder, prefer it actually to a point) and have been quoted 1500 fitted. I also expect the single to be lighter (less metal in the piping, smaller mufflers etc). The stock exhaust from the cast bit back weighs 37kg's, so should be able to save 10-20kg's, and save some cash as well with the single system (unfortunately it will lift the cars centre of gravity, but not much).

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m 20d

Hasn't really turned sour, as they are prepared to resolve the issue.

They have a good product, also improved their product through a number of improvements over the last 6 months.

I want them to know very clearly that there are a lot of people interested in their product, and they've nothing to gain and a lot to lose by saving a few dollars by making their mufflers smaller than what they have done in the past. If they don't get such feedback they will think everythings OK.

I looks to me like an excellent best bang for buck exhaust. 

Brian

These exhausts do make quite a bit of noise. Some customers like it, others don't.

You could always give Autotech a call and order an APS system and have Jim fit it. Guaranteed no exhaust drone and will make the power you want easily. :roflmbo:

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 23d

Hasn't really turned sour, as they are prepared to resolve the issue.

They have a good product, also improved their product through a number of improvements over the last 6 months.

I want them to know very clearly that there are a lot of people interested in their product, and they've nothing to gain and a lot to lose by saving a few dollars by making their mufflers smaller than what they have done in the past. If they don't get such feedback they will think everythings OK.

I looks to me like an excellent best bang for buck exhaust. 

Brian

These exhausts do make quite a bit of noise. Some customers like it, others don't.

You could always give Autotech a call and order an APS system and have Jim fit it. Guaranteed no exhaust drone and will make the power you want easily. :roflmbo:

The drive-by noise is not a problem; it the drone between 1800 and 2300 rpm at cruise revs.

APS exhaust doesn't appeal to me, as it doesn't use a large dump pipe that I require for the power I want. May well suit others.

x-force is a full turbo back solution and so a better overall solution for what I require.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 7m 3d

Brian,

I beleive that your exhaust was delivered with the wrong rear muffler. This will be sorted out and you should see a major improvement in the drone at that rpm.

I would be keen to have a listen and see how bad it is.

My car has been used as a guinea pig for 4 different systems and many different variations. I can provide a bit of feedback with what works and does not work with sound and performance.

The same exhaust has been used with a number of projects that Jim has completed and there have been no other complaints.

One of the projects includes F6BF with ran the 11.5 pass on pump fuel.

Your car should run a similar number as it has the same setup ... Cant wait to see it run at WSID.

• Donating Members
The drive-by noise is not a problem; it the drone between 1800 and 2300 rpm at cruise revs.

APS exhaust doesn't appeal to me, as it doesn't use a large dump pipe that I require for the power I want. May well suit others.

x-force is a full turbo back solution and so a better overall solution for what I require.

Brian

380rwkw is easily obtainable on the stock dump pipe with the APS exhaust. Over 400 is as well.

Edited by Geeseman

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members

Brian

380rwkw is easily obtainable on the stock dump pipe with the APS exhaust. Over 400 is as well.

.... and more easily achieved with a system with a larger dump pipe, as Julian picked up over 30rwkw when he changed his APS for something better with a larger dump pipe (when chasing 350rwkw).

Better aftermarket exhausts will now use something other than stock dump pipe.

Back in mid 2003 when the APS system was designed and installed with the stage 2 kits, it was designed for 260rwkw, then good to handle the stage 3 kits for up to 330rwkw.

My view is that if you're looking for 350rwkw up then go for an exhaust from the turbo back.... times change, and so do solutions.

Brian

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
Brian,

I beleive that your exhaust was delivered with the wrong rear muffler.  This will be sorted out and you should see a major improvement in the drone at that rpm.

I would be keen to have a listen and see how bad it is.

My car has been used as a guinea pig for 4 different systems and many different variations. I can provide a bit of feedback with what works and does not work with sound and performance.

The same exhaust has been used with a number of projects that Jim has completed and there have been no other complaints. 

One of the projects includes F6BF with ran the 11.5 pass on pump fuel. 

Your car should run a similar number as it has the same setup ...  Cant wait to see it run at WSID.

Quite right John.

I'm expecting the car to go to Tunehouse tomorrow morning, as Jim wants to ensure that the correct x-force system is fitted, and with the same specs as F6BF's car.

After that Tunehouse will re-tune the car.

Brian

• Donating Members
.... and more easily achieved with a system with a larger dump pipe, as Julian picked up over 30rwkw when he changed his APS for something better with a larger dump pipe (when chasing 350rwkw).

Back in mid 2003 when the APS system was designed and installed with the stage 2 kits, it was designed for 260rwkw, then good to handle the stage  3 kits for up to 330rwkw.

My view is that if you're looking for 350rwkw up then go for an exhaust from the turbo back.... times change, and so do solutions.

Brian

You can't make any comparison there for two reasons.

1. The exhaust he had was modified therefore it can't be compared to the APS exhaust as it is sold today

2. the APS system with a stock dump pipe can run well over 400rwkw. In fact, the Autotech silver car ran 420rwkw with the stock dump and APS exhaust.

There is no need to change the dump when aiming for 400+rwkw with the APS exhaust.

Back in mid 2003 when the APS system was designed and installed with the stage 2 kits, it was designed for 260rwkw, then good to handle the stage  3 kits for up to 330rwkw.

Brian, you have no idea of what you are talking about. You have no affiliation with the designers of the exhaust so don't comment on it. If I had a dollar for all the times I've seen posts like this from you I'd own both APS and Xforce companies and still have money to spare...

Edited by Geeseman

• Playing with Sports Bikes...
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 5m 18d

Brian

You can't make any comparison there for two reasons.

1. The exhaust he had was modified therefore it can't be compared to the APS exhaust as it is sold today

2. the APS system with a stock dump pipe can run well over 400rwkw. In fact, the Autotech silver car ran 420rwkw with the stock dump and APS exhaust.

There is no need to change the dump when aiming for 400+rwkw with the APS exhaust.

Brian, you have no idea of what you are talking about. You have no affiliation with the designers of the exhaust so don't comment on it. If I had a dollar for all the times I've seen posts like this from you I'd own both APS and Xforce companies and still have money to spare...

Sorry I can't take it anymore...

STOOGE

YOU ARE A STOOGE

I have no doubt you have a nice car, no doubt. But Brian has THE car, YOU DON'T. Everything that can basically be done to an XR6T has been done to Brian's car, you weren't/aren't a beta tester like Brian has been, you still run a UNICHIMP for FFS you still run the 4speed for FFS, if you had done beta testing like Brian's car you would know what is and isn't available and what is and what isn't tunable for these cars... It isn't all about APS, it may have been early on, but it isn't now, can you show me the new parts from APS for 07? Can't... how about 06? Can't... how about 05?

Live in the past if you like... there is heaps of people there for you to make friends with... Napoleon, Hitler... etc.

Or are you still living in the Atari era? Or do you run an Amiga? No better still do have a Commodore64?

Catch

Jack :stirthepot:

As I said I'm sure as that you have a nice car but I SIMPLY CANNOT TAKE IT ANYMORE.

Jack :spoton:

Edited by XR6T8_U