Aftermarket Exhausts

mcjb_xr6t

• Legendary member!!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 28d

For the guys with x-force exhausts, do you use a cannon muffler or a muffler with 2 smaller tips?

Anyone got pics of the muffler and back of their cars/utes??

Cheers in advance.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 20y 8m 12d
I had an x-force twin 2.5” put on my F6 this week.

Nizpro thought a larger rear muffler might be available to address the sound, and something needs to be done.

Brian

Brian,

I have the older X-force with the smaller 3 1/2" dump pipe(sep WG pipe) & it's drony around that rev range, too. It's not really loud but, it gets anoying after a while. :roflmbo:

Other than that, the exhaust performs really well & is great value. :spoton:

Please let me know if you find a solution to fix the droning.

An x-force representative will look at my car next Monday.

Apparently there is a larger quieter muffler available, so I'm sure that'll make a big difference. Jim at Tunehouse is going to help me out with this (thanks Jim)

Brian

Hi Brian, any progress with this? I'm looking at the xforce system but definatly dont want any drone. I know the APS system is 3.5 into twin 2.5 inch specifically to eliminate drone that you get with single systems. So interesting that this xforce system has this problem.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d
I had an x-force twin 2.5” put on my F6 this week.

Nizpro thought a larger rear muffler might be available to address the sound, and something needs to be done.

Brian

Brian,

I have the older X-force with the smaller 3 1/2" dump pipe(sep WG pipe) & it's drony around that rev range, too. It's not really loud but, it gets anoying after a while. :Doh:

Other than that, the exhaust performs really well & is great value. :pooh:

Please let me know if you find a solution to fix the droning.

An x-force representative will look at my car next Monday.

Apparently there is a larger quieter muffler available, so I'm sure that'll make a big difference. Jim at Tunehouse is going to help me out with this (thanks Jim)

Brian

Hi Brian, any progress with this? I'm looking at the xforce system but definatly dont want any drone. I know the APS system is 3.5 into twin 2.5 inch specifically to eliminate drone that you get with single systems. So interesting that this xforce system has this problem.

Car was left with Jim at Tunehouse on 12/2/07. Jim drove it with me in the car to test it; bad droning and he said it would piss him off if it was his car. I went back to work.

The x-force importer (from whom Jim bought it) came to inspect, and supply a replacement.

He said that a lot of people like it loud, and so had no issue with it. That may well be true, but not for for me.

He brought a replacement, with larger mufflers, as requested. But, one section was stainless steel, the other section mild steel. Jim protested, the x-force guy said the customer (I.e me) would never know, and Jim said “no way”, it must be full stainless, as that what was paid for.

The guy has none currently in stock, more arriving in the country supposedly this week… so I'm still waiting. Jim asked the guy why there are different muffler sizes, then he said the guy (Chinese?) made out he didn’t understand English, and didn’t answer the question.

Jim was very unhappy with all this, and so was I wasting a fair bit of my time today.

Jim will now make sure that it will be sorted out OK. He said the larger mufflers are much better (I.e quieter), as that what has been fitted previously, and he knows what is required.

Smaller mufflers (mid and rear) are probably cheaper to produce, so they try to pass them off, and this was the first time the smaller mufflers were encountered.

So no-one can be sure of what they are really getting; Jim said they do perform very well, and reasonably priced, so from now on every set supplied will be carefully checked before fitment.

When the new ones arrive I'll try to get comparative measurements so we know what to look for. Over the past 6 months x-force have had a number of different specifaction exhausts:

Before October last year were bringing in systems with 3.5" dump, 3.5" metal substrate cat, single 3", centre and rear mufflers.

Then they changed to 4" dump, 3.5" metal substrate cat, single 3.5" or twin 2.5", centre and rear mufflers.

Now it's 4" dump, 3.5" metal substrate cat, single 3.5" or twin 2.5"centre and rear mufflers.

(possibly others ... that's all I'm aware of).

The issue for me now is the size of mufflers used, but companies often reserve the right to change the specification of their products without notice or even informing people (remember the APS injector debacle a few years ago!) ... and quite often we only find out about it via forums such as this.

..... to be continued!

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 10m 30d

Shame its turning sour Brian, but from the thousands of cheap exhausts they sell for jap cars , it looks like the xr6t market isnt much of a concern for them... I hope the fix up the quality a bit as they certainly make a good performaing system

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 25d
Shame its turning sour Brian, but from the thousands of  cheap exhausts they sell for jap cars , it looks like the xr6t market isnt much of a concern for them... I hope the fix up the quality a bit as they certainly make a good performaing system

Hasn't really turned sour, as they are prepared to resolve the issue.

They have a good product, also improved their product through a number of improvements over the last 6 months.

I want them to know very clearly that there are a lot of people interested in their product, and they've nothing to gain and a lot to lose by saving a few dollars by making their mufflers smaller than what they have done in the past. If they don't get such feedback they will think everythings OK.

I looks to me like an excellent best bang for buck exhaust.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 10d

Ok what other options have we got other than Xforce. Do Hi-tec make somthing. Di Fillipos are too small, only 3" single. KDP are talking custom exhaust, but how much?

I just think it's good to have a few options.

• Dyno Tuner
  • Member For: 20y 11m 12d

Don't forget guys we also have our own systems, built in house on our CNC mandrel bender, we offer 3" 3 1/2" 4" systems as well as our dump pipes in the same sizes. We can mail order systems as well. Our Exhausts DO NOT DRONE and we offer a 7day satisfaction gaurentee on top of our warranty. Not happy get your money and car car returned to standard. All exhausts also get a free before and after dyno test.

Thanks

Steve @ RDP Motorsport

<div class='bbimg'>

1040.jpg
</div> Edited by dynosteve

• I see red
  • Member For: 21y 4m 2d
Ok what other options have we got other than Xforce. Do Hi-tec make somthing. Di Fillipos are too small, only 3" single. KDP are talking custom exhaust, but how much?

I just think it's good to have a few options.

Herrod also do a system (which I believe to be made by Hi-tec) and Redback.

• Member For: 17y 1m 27d

Hi All, newby from NZ (Hamilton actually - Home of the V8 Supercars frm 2008).

Firstly, I just want to say thanks for the excellent article with pics of your F6 Brian. It was very useful.

Secondly, I have an X-Force system with the larger mufflers on order, but it was a bit of a mission to get the part numbers etc sorted.

Will report back when its here and fitted.