Aftermarket Exhausts

mcjb_xr6t

it was tuned by spiro on his dyno

This is interesting, cause Spiro managed 270 from mine before I needed the system changed.

Good to know that its capable of more, thanks for that info mate.

the 3" xforce with cat replacement has seen 400rwkw and better everyday driveability

the 3.5 when available with the twin dump and metal cat not the current normal cat made to look like a metal cat will be awsome!!!!

DW.....even though Xforce may make the split pipe used in my car, we have scrapped the split pipe for the 4" pipe that's currently on the car.

Spiro has confirmed it has had a positive effect on the car when it was last tuned and there was a power gain.

Regz

Dean

well there you go maybe he knows better then!

but why did he have to change the 3" exhaust at 270 rwkw?

is the 3" xforce exhaust no good then?

news to me!

your contridicting your self with your posts!!!!

the xforce exhaust is why I stopped making my exhausts as they are the best value for money on the market!

like the cooler I'm all about value for money!!!

must be the tight :spoton: wog in me!!!

you will never see me recomend a 4" dump from 2.5" turbine wheel 3.5" is overkill!!!

granted it may flow more but for eg why have 1000cfm capacity when your engine is only capable of 500cfm per say!!!!

think about it!!!!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ASHA - Anti Stooge Hunter Association
  • Member For: 20y 10m 13d
it was tuned by spiro on his dyno

This is interesting, cause Spiro managed 270 from mine before I needed the system changed.

Good to know that its capable of more, thanks for that info mate.

the 3" xforce with cat replacement has seen 400rwkw and better everyday driveability

the 3.5 when available with the twin dump and metal cat not the current normal cat made to look like a metal cat will be awsome!!!!

DW.....even though Xforce may make the split pipe used in my car, we have scrapped the split pipe for the 4" pipe that's currently on the car.

Spiro has confirmed it has had a positive effect on the car when it was last tuned and there was a power gain.

Regz

Dean

well there you go maybe he knows better then!

but why did he have to change the 3" exhaust at 270 rwkw?

is the 3" xforce exhaust no good then?

news to me!

your contridicting your self with your posts!!!!

the xforce exhaust is why I stopped making my exhausts as they are the best value for money on the market!

like the cooler I'm all about value for money!!!

must be the tight :spoton: wog in me!!!

you will never see me recomend a 4" dump from 2.5" turbine wheel 3.5" is overkill!!!

granted it may flow more but for eg why have 1000cfm capacity when your engine is only capable of 500cfm per say!!!!

think about it!!!!

Spiro only confirmed the results on the Dyno, as I mentioned in previous posts its actually Bestmufflers who designed the systems that Xforce then started production of.

Im not a mechanic, nor a tuner......Im just telling you things that I have heard whilst my car was being tested on. Why the car produced no more then 270kw, I dont know....that be Spiro's department. Why the 4" pipe was recommended, that was Chris from Bestmufflers.......who designed the system's recommendation.

If you recall a while back, I posted a number of dyno sheets with results of various setups.....these where not dyno'd at Autotech it was done else where. Autotech took over when I started modding the car (as you recall, the whole purpose of my initial testing with the 3" system was to see how much power we could get out of a std T before modding it).

Anyhow.....I cannot give you a technical answer, as my speciality is computers, not cars..... for a technical summary you would have to call Spiro or Chris.

Edited by XR6ISM

• 7 months later...
  • Member For: 17y 3m 10d

I sent xforce a email over a week ago asking for info on their exhaust and price delivered to Brisbane and have still not received anything from them, maybe they don't want my money.

I also tried web site with no luck as it gave me only their contact numbers.

I would like to see the design and finish of flange's and welds.

There is a new guy on ebay which is advertising a SS 4" dump with 3.5" system for $1850.

If I dont get a response soon from xforce I may buy from this ebay guy.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 21d
I sent xforce a email over a week ago asking for info on their exhaust and price delivered to Brisbane and have still not received anything from them, maybe they don't want my money.

I also tried web site with no luck as it gave me only their contact numbers.

I would like to see the design and finish of flange's and welds.

There is a new guy on ebay which is advertising a SS 4" dump with 3.5" system for $1850.

If I dont get a response soon from xforce I may buy from this ebay guy.

You'll probably die waiting for a reply. I emailed them over 9 months ago and still haven't had a reply. I obtained my Xforce 3.5" from a supplier in Canberra. The system and workmanship is top quality, and comfortable at 360rwkw.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m

I had an x-force twin 2.5” put on my F6 this week.

It has no problem making 380rwkw. I think the 4” dump pipe works very well, and it comes on boost very strong with Nizpro kit.

It looks very good in ss.

However:

1. On my system the twin tips don’t line up, as one is noticeably higher than the other.

2. Major problem for me is that it has a bad drone/boom between 1900-2200 revs, but ok from 2300 revs up. I find it very annoying at highway cruising in 6th, and not satisfactory.

Has anyone else found this?

Nizpro thought a larger rear muffler might be available to address the sound, and something needs to be done.

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 15d

It has no problem making 380rwkw. I think the 4” dump pipe works very well, and it comes on boost very strong with Nizpro kit.

However:

1. On my system the twin tips don’t line up, as one is noticeably higher than the other.

2. Major problem for me is that it has a bad drone/boom between 1900-2200 revs, but ok from 2300 revs up. I find it very annoying at highway cruising in 6th, and not satisfactory.

Nizpro thought a larger rear muffler might be available to address the sound, and something needs to be done.

Brian

Darn, droning is just not acceptable and I would have thought the Xforce would have gotten this right.

On the Xforce website they show the 4" dump pipe making over 20rwkW more than the split dump pipe they used to have.

I know I ran 3.5" dump pipe on my old GT-4 and that had a much smaller turbo than the F6, and it made a huge difference. The exhaust temperature as it exits a turbo is huge and having a 4" dump is IMO a good idea, as exhaust speed will be very high. However, to maintain gas speed as the gas cools do the dump pipes taper at all?

• Member For: 17y 3m 1d

Why would anyone bother putting a 3" single on a T? Of course it wouldn't flow more than 270-280rwkw. The stock system is a 2.25" system which flow mroe than a single 3". It's good for around the same, 270-280rwkw before a larger system is required.

I'm sure you could still run more through it, as a lot of people have, but I'd say for every kw extra you'd get out of it over about 280rwkw, you'd gain 2 rwkw with a larger less restrictive system. You'd need more boost to run the same power through a smaller exhaust.

• Member For: 17y 9m 10d

However:

Brian

Brian,

I have the older X-force with the smaller 3 1/2" dump pipe(sep WG pipe) & it's drony around that rev range, too. It's not really loud but, it gets anoying after a while. :spoton:

Other than that, the exhaust performs really well & is great value. :gooff:

Please let me know if you find a solution to fix the droning.

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m

Brian

Brian,

I have the older X-force with the smaller 3 1/2" dump pipe(sep WG pipe) & it's drony around that rev range, too. It's not really loud but, it gets anoying after a while. :crybaby:

Other than that, the exhaust performs really well & is great value. :spoton:

Please let me know if you find a solution to fix the droning.

An x-force representative will look at my car next Monday.

Apparently there is a larger quieter muffler available, so I'm sure that'll make a big difference. Jim at Tunehouse is going to help me out with this (thanks Jim)

Brian

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 3m 15d
An x-force representative will look at my car next Monday.

Apparently there is a larger quieter muffler available, so I'm sure that'll make a big difference. Jim at Tunehouse is going to help me out with this (thanks Jim)

Brian

What cat do the X-Force use? Is their room for improvement or do you think they are ok.?