Aftermarket Exhausts

mcjb_xr6t

• Member For: 18y 4m 4d

Brian glad to hear tunehouse have fixed your exhaust :spoton:

I was also going to put the stock tip on mine for the stealth look but the twin 3 inch xforce tips have grown on me....looks tougher

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 17y 1m 25d

I added to this thread back in February after Brian Lord's excellent topic on the F6. My car was fitted witha Nizpro Stage 2 last week, and the x-force turbo-back system with 4" dump/down pipe, 3.5" cat, twin 2.5" with the larger mufflers, as I dont want 'the drone'. Some porting was done to the wastegate and on the first dyno run the boost was completely uncontrollable. The installer was very surprised as this had never happened before and he has fitted many such kits. The difference was the x-force. I also priced the APS and it was, in NZ, more than twice the price I paid for the x-force. It was a no-brainer. While on the dyno, with the boost creeping up to 16-17lb the car hit 380rwkw, slightly concerning with standard internals. We have more parts coming from GCG to do the proper job on the port so hopefully we will get the sort of boost curve that BCL got on the F6 - beautiful, flat.....! This has been a real learning curve and hopefully will all be sorted by this time next week.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 17y 1m 21d

As I am still learning about the different exhaust and looking to get an upgrade, let me see if I got this right!

If I want to get 270rwkw or there abouts, I don't have to change the dump pipe. It is best to change the CAT and then retune. The rest (From Dump to Tip) doesn't have to be changed either??? This will not give me a drone or anything like that, more performance based than noise.

Please let me know if I am on the right track.

Cheers

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 3m 23d
Yeah I'm also interested in keeping the standard tip when I eventually get a whole new exhaust, how'd you guys go with that?

I had the standard exhaust tip fitted to my F6 yesterday.

Note that I started with just the bare pipes of the x-force (as shown in the pics) and not the larger x-force chrome tips, which just slide over the raw pipes when fitting.

The x-force twin pipes from the x-force muffler almost match up perfectly with the twin pipes from the stock F6 muffler; looks like it was designed that way; although the stock pipes are about 1 to 2 mm smaller in diameter than the x-force.

It was a matter of joining (welding) the twin pipes.

Fom the rear it looks stock, which is what I want .... and not to draw unwanted attention to the car.

Brian

• Member For: 17y 1m 25d

Hello Brian,

Ross from NZ here. I am so pleased that, through this forum, I was alerted to the difference between the system with smaller mufflers and the system with larger ones. Working with the supplier here in NZ and specifying exactly the component part numbers we got the right one first time. Like you I was desperate to avoid the highway drone. I am really pleased with the system and as you may have read from my earlier posting the difference it has made to the power is phenomenal. We had to do more porting on the internal wastegate to get rid of the boost and I also wanted it to come in early. The final result was a reasonably flat boost curve with the minimum boost we can get down to of 13lb. At that level we are 333rwkw which I am very happy with as I still have standard internals. The whole package (Nizpro Stage 2, x-Force exhaust) is very, very exciting to drive. I am still getting use to the amazing induction sounds and the torque around 3500-4000 is just unbelievable. Fourth gear passing from 100 - 160 takes no time at all. I regard the car still a Work In Progress and have two things to do in the near term - better fuel delivery at top end to avoid leaning out and a new clutch. I thought it would be ok at around 300rwkw, my original aim, but at 333 its not going to last long. Still a trip to Brisbane might be nice! At least clutches are cheaper than auto trans and I have compleete confidence in the T56 to handle it. I feel the kit and the x-force have given me a future proofed system so that when I do internals I can wind it up to over 400rwkw with relative ease. Thanks again for all your help. Ross

Edited by bcl
bcl --- external to internal