My Story

The NUT

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest newl
  • Guests

Yeah, they cut a new key (I could hear them grinding it in the back). When it was handed to me, it still had burrs on it.

If that wasn't needed, they would have just handed me a new key which I could have coded myself based on the instructions in the manual.

• Member For: 17y 11m 3d

Well I'm sure we've all had dealers who have screwed us around. I have no hesitation in saying I will never buy a car from Thomson Ford at Parramatta. I bought my ute last june and the towbar I wanted fitted finally got done in Febuary this year, the alarm system which they had no paper work on (so they the dealership couldn't even work out what had been done) finally got refunded. Like the other guys have said you have to be in there face about it. They thought because I was young and all that, that they could walk all over me but when I went to one of managers and started putting there contracts back down in front of them of which they had signed saying the work was all done was when they started being more receptive.

In the end I got what I paid for and anything that wasent done was refunded, but told the manager there I will do my best to ensure everyone I know knows to never buy a car from your delearship.

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 25d
key cutting

key cutting :nono: I thought they were all the same it was just the coding that was different...

Are you serious? :blink:

I think so :blink:

Did it hurt......that thinking exercise?

• Member For: 20y 4m 3d

Kinda reminds me of when I bought my used T from the dealer; it had a FXXXING UNICHIP fitted!

Took it back and dropped it on the manager's desk - he offered me discounted servicing for the blunder.

.... I said "I don't think so buddy. If your monkeys can't spot a Unichip there, your monkeys ain't touching the car any more."

Edited by fish_351

• Member For: 18y 5m 15d
Well I have been over the car pretty extensively now and there is nothing else I can see to be missing. But im no mechanic! So hopefully when it goes in for its first service there arent any hidden nasties. But as I said the car has been running sweet, its just the missing things that has p!$$ed me off.

At the moment the dealership has not said they will replace anything (despite my best efforts), but ringing Ford service line sounds like a great idea which I hadnt thought of.

Im happy to put the name up, I just wasnt sure if that was allowed or not, or if id be stepping on some toes.

Cheers for the feedback anyways guys

Nut

yes mate I had a similiar problem on a " brand new " tornado ,after doing vehicle inspection upon pick up with keys in hand & shaking salesman hand . noticed chain under ute for spare tyre hanging down ask about spare ( matching 18'' wheel ) they remove the spare wheel on the utes while in the yard . so can't be stolen . but forgot to refit . but then they could not find it at dealership . so got a 17'' steel wheel on loan , it took about 2 months to get another wheels .but it took a letter to ford customer to kick then into gear & give me the right wheel , so don't hold back , get onto customer service NOW all dealership answer to THEN . ALL IN ALL ENJOY THE RIDE . regards tony

• Member For: 19y 5m 25d

Yep full on give em heaps...!!!

From my experience a lot of swearing and yelling at the Dealer Principal not only makes you feel much better but it gets action. Once you have completed the feel better task of swearing and yelling, write a letter to FORD Australia outlining your experience in purchasing a FORD from a FORD Dealer... You can expect an immediate responce from FORD and the dealer.

Good Luck.

P.S - Whatever you do dont let them get away with it without a fight.