Upgrade 4 Sp Auto To A Zf In Baxr6t

2MUCHKW

• Member For: 17y 11m 9d

Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has contemplated installing a new BF ZF 6 speed into a BA XR6T presently fitted with a 4 speed auto?

Does anyone on here work for a Ford Dealership that can get me all the parts prices of the required components if sourced new through Ford?

My other option would be to wait and put feelers out to purchase a wrecked BF ZF 6 speed car and source the components that way.

All opinions/thoughts welcome

Cheers

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
Hi all,

Just wondered if anyone has contemplated installing a new BF ZF 6 speed into a BA XR6T presently fitted with a 4 speed auto?

Does anyone on here work for a Ford Dealership that can get me all the parts prices of the required components if sourced new through Ford?

My other option would be to wait and put feelers out to purchase a wrecked BF ZF 6 speed car and source the components that way.

Cheers

Apparently ECU and wiring harness are different also. Good luck with it. Do we know how much power these 6 speeds are capable of yet?

Rob

Hi all,

Cheers

Apparently ECU and wiring harness are different also. Good luck with it. Do we know how much power these 6 speeds are capable of yet?

Rob

Hi Rob,

Yes I would require a wiring harness, BF ZF PCM,ZF 6 spped auto box & converter, shifter assembly and console, crossmember as well as tailshaft.

Anyone work for a Ford Dealer on here that can help me?

Edited by Adam

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 18d
Cheaper just to buy a BF. Floorpan needs modification plus ECU, wiring, auro mounts, tailshaft, trans cooler/heater pipes and a compatible BF engine. Not cost effective.

How is the engine different?

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 14d

I am sure many people have thought about it, but it would be cheaper to buy a BF and trade in your BA.

The cost of the gearboxes is one thing, but the floorpan and computer is also not compatible.

Cheaper just to buy a BF. Floorpan needs modification plus ECU, wiring, auro mounts, tailshaft, trans cooler/heater pipes and a compatible BF engine. Not cost effective.

So the transmisson tunnel is larger in the BF ... is that correct?

• Member For: 20y 11m 2d

How is the engine different?

It has dual independant VCT, 2 knock sensors, different heater pipes that also double as the trans cooler coolant supply and different cam profiles. It would not be compatible with a BA ECU, plus the wiring loom is about twice the size of the BA one.

I am sure many people have thought about it, but it would be cheaper to buy a BF and trade in your BA.

The cost of the gearboxes is one thing, but the floorpan and computer is also not compatible.

Trading my BA in on a BF is far from cheap ... say goodbye to $20,000+ :crybaby:

• Member For: 20y 11m 2d

So the transmisson tunnel is larger in the BF ... is that correct?

Not sure if its larger or just shaped differently, but it is different to BA, and would need to be modifiied to fit a ZF.