'5th Gear' Show Query

SavageF6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6d
I'd be more concerned about the whacko dyno you measured your 253rwkw on Sport.

Talk to Nizpro "champ". The dyno sheets have been posted:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24740

Then, if you STILL question the figure, PM Dynowog and ask him what his impressions were last weekend, when he test drove the stock tune.

Thanks for comin' out.

fifth gear is in its 9th season.  how many gears did the car you were driving in 1997 have?

Im sure like me, most of us were only lucky enough for a 5 speed cog swapper back then :spoton:

shockF6, good point. '97 only saw me shifting 4 cogs. heh. :blush:

• Member For: 18y 1m 19d

I thought I was the only one with a vicky butler henderson fetish

Oh well 5th Gear is a great program sh*ts all over the arty farty top gear but Jeremy Clarkson is one funny F@#$@#$er

Tiff Needle is the greatest driver I have seen in any car show bar none.

He could drift a Hyundai Getz the whole way round Bathurst with one finger and a blind fold.

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d
I'd be more concerned about the whacko dyno you measured your 253rwkw on Sport.

Talk to Nizpro "champ". The dyno sheets have been posted:

http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=24740

Then, if you STILL question the figure, PM Dynowog and ask him what his impressions were last weekend, when he test drove the stock tune.

Thanks for comin' out.

fifth gear is in its 9th season.  how many gears did the car you were driving in 1997 have?

Im sure like me, most of us were only lucky enough for a 5 speed cog swapper back then :nono:

shockF6, good point. '97 only saw me shifting 4 cogs. heh. :blink:

I don't doubt the reading, I doubt your car is COMPLETELY stock. Not even an air filter hey? if it's true, good onya.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 6d
I don't doubt the reading, I doubt your car is COMPLETELY stock. Not even an air filter hey? if it's true, good onya.

The car was completely stock when it was dyno'd and edited. Nizpro themselves replaced the paper filter with a new one, and the use of a paper filter was mentioned in the thread I posted in the Nizzer forum (linked below).

I did buy a K&N about 2 weeks ago though, perhaps you'd be happy if I added a couple rwkw to account for the filter now?

Edit only, got me 292rwkw from Nizzers. The BFs run a different exhaust to the BAs for a start. Don't take it from me, head to the Nizpro forums for confirmation that my car's not the only manual to pull a similar stock figure. The BF auto F6 has put down ~233rwkw from memory.

I direct your attention to this thread:

http://forums.nizpro.com.au/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=936

And to this quote from Simon, owner of Nizpro who did the dyno run and Edit, from the thread above:

Both manuals f6 BF's made the same power 253 the auto one made 232 rwkw so they are certainly strong.this is no doubt why they have been able to run 108 mph in standard form at the drags

Indeed, good on me as you say. Thanks for calling BS on my figure though, I'm always happy to prove the knockers wrong.

• Big Gun
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d

The car was completely stock when it was dyno'd and edited. Nizpro themselves replaced the paper filter with a new one, and the use of a paper filter was mentioned in the thread I posted in the Nizzer forum (linked below).

I did buy a K&N about 2 weeks ago though, perhaps you'd be happy if I added a couple rwkw to account for the filter now?

Edit only, got me 292rwkw from Nizzers. The BFs run a different exhaust to the BAs for a start. Don't take it from me, head to the Nizpro forums for confirmation that my car's not the only manual to pull a similar stock figure. The BF auto F6 has put down ~233rwkw from memory.

I direct your attention to this thread:

http://forums.nizpro.com.au/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=936

And to this quote from Simon, owner of Nizpro who did the dyno run and Edit, from the thread above:

Both manuals f6 BF's made the same power 253 the auto one made 232 rwkw so they are certainly strong.this is no doubt why they have been able to run 108 mph in standard form at the drags

Indeed, good on me as you say. Thanks for calling BS on my figure though, I'm always happy to prove the knockers wrong.

I beleive ya mate :spoton:

I think the dyno was out a bit on the day, but hey, it happens, don't feel bad.

SavageRob