Fog Lights How Do You Remove Them

Dagabond

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d

Just had a go at trying to remove a fog light that blew on me last weekend, I'll be buggered if I can see how they come out.

Pulled the front cover off and the splash guard underneath but my big boof head just cant see in there.

Do I remember reading somewhere that there a sealed unit??

Any pointers appreciated.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 28d

Dags,

When I have changed mine, I (try) to get one arm in behind and wiggle, one at the front pushing. The whole assembly will push in to the car - there are no screws holding it there.

The trick when you are fitting it is to make sure it clicks back in, otherwise it will move around when you are driving.

They are a *beep*.

• Seriously Flukey Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 28d
Thanks Luke not sure if the Tornado's the same as the standard XR though. :blink:

Yeah, not sure either mate, but I cant imagine it would be too different.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 23d

There are 4 tabs that you need to press back to unlock each corner. If you reach up there you'll feel them.

Once you get it out you'll see just exactly how it all works.

As Luke said make sure they all clip back in.

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 5m 4d

Thanks Adam. :spoton:

Just spotted a thread where Zap mentions that there H11 globes...that and it's to damn cold out there put's it off till tommorow. :kissmy:

• Member For: 20y 4m 24d

When I had my Turbo, it was always blowing one particular bulb. After crawling under the car a few times to replace the bulb, I took it into the local dealer for them to fix the problem, only to be told that it was a warranty item.

My phoon has had the same problem, guess what. The dealer can crawl under the car from now on.

Don't waste your time, guys.

• Member For: 18y 10m 1d
When I had my Turbo, it was always blowing one particular bulb. After crawling under the car a few times to replace the bulb, I took it into the local dealer for them to fix the problem, only to be told that it was a warranty item.

My phoon has had the same problem, guess what. The dealer can crawl under the car from now on.

Don't waste your time, guys.

agreed... I pulled everything apart n then got the sh*ts with it so I just took it down to the dealer only to find out its a warranty thingy :pinch::msm:

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 18y 6m 26d

I've found the best way to remove a fog lamp is to plow into a rabbit/cat/small dog(note:large dogs will remove the entire bumper,handy for ic change outs..)....usually pops them straight out... :msm:

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 19y 11m 24d
I've found the best way to remove a fog lamp is to plow into a rabbit/cat/small dog(note:large dogs will remove the entire bumper,handy for ic change outs..)....usually pops them straight out... :pinch:

Never thought of that....at least now the neighbour's cat has a purpose in life :msm: