• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 9d
We have seen a few 6 Speed Typhoons bring some big number stock, do you think that Ford have fudged the 270 kw output a bit to keep it under the GT?

From the results given and the times it would make you think that perhaps they are underated by atleast 10 - 15 flywheel kw.

Gots my Edit at Nizpro yesterday. BF F6 manual ran 253rwkw stock, 292rwkw after a full day's tuning by Simon and Dave :laughing:

No mods apart from edit. Even using a standard Ford air filter (new). Run-in was hard, with 11,800kms on the clock at the time of edit.

I'll post up the graphs when I can.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 24d
Gots my Edit at Nizpro yesterday. BF F6 manual ran 253rwkw stock, 292rwkw after a full day's tuning by Simon and Dave  :laughing: 

No mods apart from edit. Even using a standard Ford air filter (new). Run-in was hard, with 11,800kms on the clock at the time of edit.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I wonder what Buf-Phoon would say about that stock power output :laughing: You must have the highest stock power output BF F6 in the country.

Is their dyno a DD unit?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 11m 9d

Haha, good point. The Nizpro dyno is a Dyno Logic. I was thinking that when I get back to Canberra, I should get on a Dyno Dynamics dyno in shootout mode, to see how the numbers compare. Could be a happy dyno, but the pants-o-meter and the grin-o-guage back it up :laughing:

I can't get this Win 98 POS to recognise my digital camera, so the uploads will have to wait.

• Member For: 18y 3m 10d

I think some of these dynos u boys r running on have been tampered with I would like to c these stock power figures on a true reading dyno a lot of places adjust their settings so that they can give u back a nice juicy reading. There is no way a stock T can do around 200 rwkws on a true reading dyno. Someone correct me if I'm wrong but that's what I have been told.

• Member For: 18y 5m 24d
Gots my Edit at Nizpro yesterday. BF F6 manual ran 253rwkw stock, 292rwkw after a full day's tuning by Simon and Dave  :msm: 

that's a heap of power for a stock car. :msm: My phoon ran 205RWKW stock but it was discovered that the exhaust was stuffed :gooff:

I never got to run it stock with a good exhaust, all I can say is now with the 3.5" xforce on you can't WOT in first or second with the TC on as the car has a heart attack as she hits boost. Having said that, even with TC off you still cant really do it cause the back end just slides accross your lane and scares the :pooh: out of the HSV driver that you are teaching a lesson too :tease:

• Member For: 19y 4m 28d

T5 Manual with 2nd CAI and K&N Filter:

206 rwkw on Hyperdrive's Dyno Dynamics in shoot 6

227rwkw on Mindarie Custom Exhaust's Dyno Dynamics in Shoot 6. It was the highest reading he'd ever seen for a stocker. (I'm not saying that's what my car has, but it what the Dyno said. I've attached the chart as proof.)

The red line is the factory tune. Green line is 8psi (which only got to 7) and blue line was a dodgy 10 psi that never got anywhere near 10psi.

Whilst its obvious that all Dynos read differently and humidity adjustments etc have an impact, I also believe that the same car with same tune will run different rwkw at different times, perhaps dependent on how you've been driving as well as obvious things like ambient temp, humidity, heat soak, what side it got out of bed etc..

post-5556-1144152565_thumb.jpg