Abuse Mode

Dr Z

• Member For: 20y 1m 7d

The April 2006 issue of Motor Magazine is a great read and is a keeper for posterity since it heralds the beginning of the Ford/FPV domination era over Holden/HSV with the Australian PCOTY results. :crybaby: With VE Late model camira expecting to lug a lot more weight than the VZ, that domination is expected to continue, hopefully for a LONG time. :tease:

On page 120 and 121 there is a good read on "Abuse Mode" or Torque Management. For anyone who ever wonders why their car appears inconsistent in power delivery, this is a good read. The second last paragraph specifically covers the turbocharged Barra in the XR6T and F6. I have scanned and attached the article here.

It would be great to hear how our community members can relate to this article. Share your experiences.

How can you better manage this Abuse Mode?

Edit. :msm:

Safe and happy driving...Dr Z. :spoton:

post-3528-1142558029_thumb.jpg

post-3528-1142558127_thumb.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 20y 4m 3d

Soooo..... us edited guys are driving around in Abuse Mode :crybaby:

But it just depends on what level you want to abuse it, going beyond the capabilities and you will start having issues. You play, you pay.

• Member For: 19y 28d

Whilst I've known about the software for a while I think it's something that car manufactures should be forced to mention in their advertising... When I brought my car I was told it had 240kw... I'd would have expected when I brought the car (Like everyone else) that the 240kw should be available when I want (or need) it not just when the car feels like it.

As technically it is false advertising as such I recon we coud probably get the software removed if we felt like fighting ford... (But who has the time \ money to do that!!!!)

• Member For: 20y 1m 7d
Whilst I've known about the software for a while I think it's something that car manufactures should be forced to mention in their advertising... When I brought my car I was told it had 240kw... I'd would have expected when I brought the car (Like everyone else) that the 240kw should be available when I want (or need) it not just when the car feels like it.

As technically it is false advertising as such I recon we coud probably get the software removed if we felt like fighting ford... (But who has the time \ money to do that!!!!)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Good point. :spoton: I guess an engine manufacturer's reply would include that they are quoting a maximum power figure. :laughing:

What I was hoping community members would share, is their noticeable experiences of this "Abuse Mode" kicking in with "bumometer" or "seat of the pants" differences in power delivery. What did you notice? When did you notice? How did it come about? Did you do anything about it? etc

• www.australianflag.org.au
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 8m 12d

Never heard of this abuse mode before, Oh Except when I was a teenager. However the article refers to stalling up an automatic acouple of times. What are the Abuse mode parameters on a manual.

If my posts are not making much sense today, I am bloody tired.

Scotty

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 1m 15d

I have experienced the AM in the VZ ranta cars I have had the last few times.

I tried stalling them up on dirt and could not even get a spin from the tyres. The will still do donuts, but it seems to be much harder than it used to be.

Its taken all the fun out of renting cars.