Went To Wsid,not Happy!

ford number 1

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 1d
strange, this is what my xr6t did with what power. Wifes shopping trolly  :laughing:

245 rwkw's 12.9 @ 110 2.2 60

260 rwkw's 12.7 @ 112 2.2 60

275 rwkw's 12.2 @ 114 2.1 60

All stalling to 2100 rpm.

SMB 4 inch cat and dump stock exhaust, stock intake plumbing, Nizpro Injectors, F6 CAI  The last lot of power increases has a F6 cooler on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Well there you have it, I thought my APS Phase 2 T with Uni - Chimp would be a 12.4sec with an Edit replacement. If I could drive I might have snared a 12.2 :blush: Reckon it must have been the heat and humidity :pinch:

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member For: 21y 1m 25d
I'm a bit puzzled why high humidity would slow your times ??

From a purely scientific/physical point of view my own thoughts would be that high humidity equals wetter and therefore denser and cooler air than what you would have at the same temperature with zero humidity. Denser air and cooler air should contribute to more efficient power production in the cylinders.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

But wouldnt the air be denser with moisture and not oxygen, which is why it has a negative effect.

Dazza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Moisture(water) is mostly made up of oxygen. In fact water has a higher proportion of oxygen than air does.

But in any event that doesn't matter because oxygen doesn't burn. Hydrogen does though and very nicely thank you. This is why modern technology is leaning towards hydrogen propulsion - using water as the source of the hydrogen.

PS Turbo cars have been using water injection for decades in order to lower combustion temps and therefore benefit from a more dense charge and higher boost.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough, I was just trying to understand better, I am what can be called scientifically handicapped.

dazza.

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d

still trying to find my dyno graph folder :pinch::laughing:

ill find it damn it :blush:

This graph shows the cars stock power and the 262 rwkw tune. I was wrong I just checked this tune went 12.6 @ 112

post-6140-1142512869_thumb.jpg

• Flight 6
  • Member For: 20y 8m 16d

Haha, my cuz ran a 12.7 112mph with 257rwkw

CAI and Edit only.

NIZPRO tuned

The Sdyney tuners need to get there act together, if I was getting it done and only ran a 14.0 I would be back to the tuner demanding answers.

WE got a 13.8 out of a courtsey car at CAlder, stock MANUAL.

• Member For: 20y 1m 29d
I will post up a graph over the weekend.I didnt have it running the standard tune 2fardown.I would be happy if it was only that..

I spoke to one of the guys there this morning who only seems to answer phones all day and he reckons that the times are about right for what I have..After I picked myself up off the floor I told him that there are guys who have done similar times in standard cars and some guys have done around a second quicker with 8+mph..

I will be going to see them on Saturday and speaking to the guy who dynoed it not the receptionist..

He also told me that if I want more power down low I need exhaust,springs and injectors.. :blush:  :nono:  :msm:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

In that case, forget everything I said.. :pinch: ..they are SO out of touch! :laughing:

• Team Xtreme
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 11d
Haha, my cuz ran a 12.7 112mph with 257rwkw

CAI and Edit only.

NIZPRO tuned

The Sdyney tuners need to get there act together, if I was getting it done and only ran a 14.0 I would be back to the tuner demanding answers.

WE got a 13.8 out of a courtsey car at CAlder, stock MANUAL.

sounds pretty similar to mine tur :pinch::laughing:

• Member For: 20y 1m 29d
Its not Intune,C&V.If I get the same response from the tuner I will sit him down and show him this website to see if he believes me after that..

After looking at some graphs from other cars with same mods I have not got much torque down low..I will have access to scanner over weekend..

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sloppy work. :pinch: Tell him Dr Z said so too and by all means print this thread out so they are more in touch with what other tuners are delivering for their customers down the strip. The early low down torque that Edit can deliver, particularly with the Torque Management benefits the Edit provides, is the massive difference in strip times compared with comparable piggyback tunes. PM me for more details and I can also share my dyno graphs.

Hope you sort this out soon. :laughing:

• Crusty aviator
  • Member For: 19y 10m 1d

Totally agree with Dr Z and drop the humuduty idea it's an absolute red-herring. No humidity would not have a discenable imact on the performance of your engine and advice like oxygen doesn't burn and humidity has a greater impact on the turbo's performance than intake air temperature and quite wrong.

A trip to you know who in Melbourne will get you on the right track and put a smile back on your dial.

Dingah