Premium Sound Issues

lowfly

• Member For: 18y 2m 9d

When I crank up the volume with my prm soud, sometimes the l/h rear speaker pops. Have adjusted the bass etc, faded into front by one, has improved but then I can't get a lot of bass. If I turn the power limiter off it go's popping an farting away as soon as you turn it up above 24. Have anyone else had the same prob? Could the speaker be f###ed, only had the car about a week. Please help, awsome car but stereo is pissing me off, cheers.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 11m 11d

You need to change your CD - that "Best of Popping and Farting" album is really crook. "Hiss and Crackle Hits" is much better.

Seriously though - fade your speakers to the front and crank it up. This only fades out the rear L/R speakers so if your problem is the sub you will soon know. If the sub is OK then fade to the rear and change balance L to R.

Muz

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests
When I crank up the volume with my prm soud, sometimes the l/h rear speaker pops. Have adjusted the bass etc, faded into front by one, has improved but then I can't get a lot of bass. If I turn the power limiter off it go's popping an farting away as soon as you turn it up above 24. Have anyone else had the same prob? Could the speaker be f###ed, only had the car about a week. Please help, awsome car but stereo is pissing me off, cheers.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

It can be only one of two things

1. Clipping. When your amp just cant feed the speaker the power it needs to run it, it just stops.....only be it for a mini second. The amp is being overloaded.

2. Distortion. When your speaker just can't process (respond) fast enough to what the amp is asking of it, especcially if you like playing loud "boom, boom" type music. This burns speakers badly to the point that they will eventually not work at all.

In your case, Id say it's the latter being in 1 speaker and all.

Also, at 24 on your volume dial, you should not have your "LOUD" switch on. "Loud" just fills the space at low volume because the bass doesn't react as much at low volume. Larger speakers need more power to drive them. Upon saying that, I do remember years ago an Electrovoice "home stereo" speaker that was so efficient, it ran on 1 watt of power. It was 1 metre round.....that's right.....1 metre! But hey, who's got $30,000 for just speakers when for a good system, half yer budget goes into an the amp. $60,000.....I dont think so!

You shouldn't run any amp over half way whether it be in your car or house. I have a home stereo with 125 watts of 6 channels and there is NO WAY I would run mine past 11:00 on the dial. You can hear it a kilometre away but its still crystal clear. Past 12:00, even my Aaron speakers can't keep up.

Run your car at 95% its capacity and see how long it (you *lol*) lasts. Same thing.

Hope that helps

Cheers

• Member For: 20y 2m 10d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BA Mk II?

Subs are bad :laughing: Turf it and put in a JBL one all gone. There not ment for free to air but with the standard premo set up works better that the standard one.

What I did to mein any way.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 16d

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BA Mk II?

Subs are bad :laughing: Turf it and put in a JBL one all gone. There not ment for free to air but with the standard premo set up works better that the standard one.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree my MKII sub pops to the point it scares me. I put 2 twelves in and they are OK running off the std deck.

Guest FatBAt
  • Guests

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

BA Mk II?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I agree my MKII sub pops to the point it scares me. I put 2 twelves in and they are OK running off the std deck.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yer forgetting one thing.....It's not his sub that's distorting (cracking). It's his l/h rear speaker.

Replacing your sub wont fix that.

Cheers

• Member For: 18y 2m 9d

F**k nose, tried it again today, front then rear, l-r , full vol and now it won't do it.

Even cranked up the bass to max, still no prob. Like I sez, f**k nose.

Anyway thanks for the feed back, I"ll keep it in mind when it pops an farts next time.

Chow.

• Flower Power
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 14d

I got the same problem in MK1 Premium Sound setup.

I've had the sub replaced and it still happens. I will give the "loud" feature off thing a go on my way home today.

It's giving me the sh*ts...