Premium Brakes

Disgruntled Goat

• Member For: 20y 10m 26d

I have e-mailed ford for ananswer. I think the quote above from carpoint is right, but the ford website threw me (still listed as an option). the calipers are quite big and look at least as big as the PBR's.

my real gripe is with the fleet dept of the company I work for, as they internally advertised the car as having the premium brake option, and are now backpedalling by saying premium brakes are standard on the BF.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Member For: 18y 4m 1d
you can almost guarantee they will bolt across onto a BA.  Anyone compared the two - are they better by much?  are they better than BA performance ones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And, assuming they provide similar performance to the PBR set up on the BAs, what's the cost of pads for each of the set ups?

That is, would it be better/cheaper to upgrade to PBR or the BF brakes?

• Member For: 19y 1m 16d
chOpper,

These brakes you've bought (calipers and rotors I assume), were they the standard parts off a BF XR8? And do you know yet if they are a straight swap onto a BA?

:spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Standard BF xr8 brakes and as far as I understand will fit directly onto the BA. Will confirm once I have them..

• Member For: 19y 6m 12d

Premiums brakes are as follows

stock brakes are the teritory brakes now with a 325mm vented front and 328mm rear solid rotor, single piston caliper, just like the BA'a only larger.

Option 1 is the old premium and standard fittment on the BA typhoon/GT

4 pot alloy callipers and 325 mm rotors.

next step I have been told available soon is the 4 pot brembo and 355mm rotors, Stil has not been confirmed yet on BF XR6T, this is the same brake pack as the BF phoon get standard.

Happy to be corrected, but had along chat with sales/product specilist last weeks regarding this exact topic.

Premiums brakes are as follows

stock brakes are the teritory brakes now with a 325mm vented front and 328mm rear solid rotor, single piston caliper, just like the BA'a only larger.

Option 1 is the old premium and standard fittment on the BA typhoon/GT

4 pot alloy callipers and 325 mm rotors.

next step I have been told available soon is the 4 pot brembo and 355mm rotors, Stil has not been confirmed yet on BF XR6T, this is the same brake pack as the BF phoon get standard.

Happy to be corrected, but had along chat with sales/product specilist last weeks regarding this exact topic.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

interesting. hopefully ford will confirm (if they ever get around to replying to my e-mail)

reply from Ford:

Thank you for your e-mail to Ford Motor Company of Australia Limited.

We can confirm there is a premium brakes option for the BF XR6. You can view all the options for the Ford BF Falcon XR6 range by clicking on the link below:

http://www.ford.com.au/range/falcon/models/xr6sedan.asp

We hope this information is of assistance to you.

I note he has said "XR6", not XR6 Turbo, which is what I asked about.

still not satisfied I have a definitive answer, will try them again..

• Member For: 19y 1m 16d
you can almost guarantee they will bolt across onto a BA.  Anyone compared the two - are they better by much?  are they better than BA performance ones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Just got them today, standard bf xr8 brakes.. I think they are virtually the ba performance ones.. They are pbr..

Fronts 322mm ventilated rotor, twin piston caliper. (much larger than my ba fronts)

Rear 328mm ventilated rotor, single piston caliper. (much larger than my ba rears and better also being ventilated, my ba rears are solid rotors)

Gonna paint the calipers before I put them on. They are brand new with everything including disc rotors, calipers, lines and pads.. Apparently they remove a few of these sets from race cars, keep an eye out on e bay. :crybaby: