Rev Limiter Hit In 1st Gear Above 5500rpm

GEoMaNTiK

• Member For: 18y 5m 5d

Okay sounds like it's not just me then, slow tacho I can live with better than having to deal with a problem car. Not that I'm complaining about the performance, seems to get better every time I drive it... or maybe it's just that I'm getting better at driving it!?!

• Member For: 18y 8m 4d
I tend to agree with most guys that the tacho simply doesnt respond quick enough in 1st gear to give you a true reading.(4.17:1 is pretty low ratio compared to 2.34:1 in 2nd gear).

As for the Rev limiter,the 6speed auto has the same limit as the other models when it is in normal mode.However when you use it in Sequential Sports Shift(Manual) Mode it has what is called Transient Engine Overspeed Limiter.This allows the engine to rev up to 6200rpm for 1 second before slowly lowering the engine speed back to the 6000rpm continuous limit.Of course the harder you hit the limiter the harsher it is going to feel.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am trying to decide atm whether to purchase a new bf xr6t 6sp auto or a secondhand ba gtp. It is interesting that the second gear ratio in the bf auto is very close to first gear in the old ba four speed box, I can't remember what the exact ratio was but I'm sure it is close. At half or wot do you notice the change from first to second because of its large ratio difference?

I do like like both cars for different reasons and most v8 owners can't give away their boss powered cars atm which is a shame. I am going for a run in a bfxr6t and then a f6 auto back to back this week so it should be interesting. :tease:

• Colossal Member
  • Member For: 19y 7m 4d

You shouldnt need to hit the rev limiter in first, you will feel the power bleed off before it hits anyway, the moment the power starts to bleed off under WOT is the ideal time to shift if you are on a straight run.

• Member For: 20y 11m 2d
...but the BF 6 speed autos also have a transient rev limiter that allows up to 6250rpm in some circumstances.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The BF 6 speed has exactly the same rev limiter as the BA 4 speed auto, just the injector hard cut is 100rpm higher at 6350rpm. Throttle based engine speed limit is still 6000rpm :kissmy:

The last thing we need is myths and legends about transient rev limiters in BF Falcons.... :spoton:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So you know more than Ford do hey. Why would they bother quoting it in the press releases if it wasn't true?