Adaptor For Dvd On Prem Sound Screen

bob^

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Yeah mate, it's a complete stand alone headunit.

Tucked up underneath the factory deck, is a plug for the antenna. That comes out easily to plug into the new deck.

Behind the fuse panel is a plug ofr the carkit that has your ground, constand, and accessories. I used the cigarette lighter wiring though for ground and accessories, and ran a new constand power lead. That is because I have a distrobution block under my drivers seat so that wasn't a big job. Make sure any new power wires that you run are FUSED!!!

The factory speaker wires were cut in the looms in the kick panels, and I joined my wire to them. I couldnt run new wires into the doors because my hands are too fat, so there is about half a meter of the factory stuff. The rest is my own wiring.

• Member For: 18y 5m 25d
Spot on.

I tried getting a PC running on the factory screen with the VGA out, RGB in, but I couldn't get the refresh rates right, no matter what I did. There is a video card called ArcadeVGA which will let you do it no worries.

I'm going to try the TV out on my PC now that I have the adaptor, and I'll see how that looks.

you will probably need a circuit to correctly merge the H & V syncs to use on the ICC. even then you will need a program like power strip to get your video card outputting the correct resolution and refresh to simulate NTSC :stirthepot:

• Member For: 20y 4m 26d

The video card I was using was capable of doing composite sync. I think all the ATI cards can do it. I was using power strip too, but I was unsuccessful.

• Upstanding Member
  • Member For: 20y 6m 25d

Built a very neat custom harness for ms700 that makes use of that Box - these boxes are great becuase you can make Sat-Nav friendly installs work without too much fuss. In ms700s car all the gear is mounted under front passenger seat, with a single cable running up to the ICC that handles Input selection, video signals and IR (if wanted).... Just a little ciggy pack sized box up between the SatNav and the ICC plug.

A.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 18y 2m 20d
Built a very neat custom harness for ms700 that makes use of that Box - these boxes are great becuase you can make Sat-Nav friendly installs work without too much fuss. In ms700s car all the gear is mounted under front passenger seat, with a single cable running up to the ICC that handles Input selection, video signals and IR (if wanted).... Just a little ciggy pack sized box up between the SatNav and the ICC plug.

A.

have the converter set up.I have a picture but it is rolling.Or flikering..I have set my machine to output ntsc.What have I done wrong

• Member For: 19y 5d

I have been looking for something like that so I can add a reverse camera to enable me to tow my closed in race car trailer - and be able to see back (particularly when reversing).

But... $300ish is quite expensive just to convert the signal isnt it? surely someone does some cheaper versions?

I have searched everywhere for RGB cameras so you dont need a converter - but with no luck, anyone else?

Standard RCA connected cameras (reverse, night time etc etc ) are cheap.