Mods

john s

• Member For: 18y 2m 23d

I have been getting some great info here and thanks for all your help. Im intrested to know at what time do you start doing mods to your phoons? it appears that some of you are carrying out alterations while the cars are still under warranty am I right or wrong?

Cheers John. P.s took car out day after purchase for a " quiet' drive!" and got pulled by an unmarked cop car! ...doing nothing wrong, but they wanted a look under the hood!!!!! is this going to be a sign of things to come?

• Member For: 20y 1m 14d
Cheers John. P.s took car out day after purchase for a " quiet' drive!" and got pulled by an unmarked cop car! ...doing nothing wrong, but they wanted a look under the hood!!!!! is this going to be a sign of things to come?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its a sign of jelous cops :laughing::msm:

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d

Mate, depending on how much power you want and how much $$ you want to spend. If warranty is a concern to you, just do a custom edit. Otherwise, wait until a few thousand km's and then go to town..........way more fun!! :msm:

• 12" member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 9m 5d
Mate, depending on how much power you want and how much $$ you want to spend. If warranty is a concern to you, just do a custom edit. Otherwise, wait until a few thousand km's and then go to town..........way more fun!! :tease:

So are EDIT's 'officially' undetectable by the service techies now???? assuming of course that you reflash the last ford tune you had at your last service back into the ECU ???

I always thought they could still tell...????

• Member For: 19y 9m 19d
Mate, depending on how much power you want and how much $$ you want to spend. If warranty is a concern to you, just do a custom edit. Otherwise, wait until a few thousand km's and then go to town..........way more fun!! :tease:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So are EDIT's 'officially' undetectable by the service techies now???? assuming of course that you reflash the last ford tune you had at your last service back into the ECU ???

I always thought they could still tell...????

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Lets see how can I put this........... EDIT is undetectable, invisable, non-existant, ghostlike, a figment of ones imagination, not of this world, etc etc etc.

• Member For: 18y 5m 5d

When I asked a ford service guy the other day his stance on the edit - just because I wanted to know his feelings.

He said that it would be detected the minute the service guys hook up their computers if an edit has been performed on the car and that Ford would not cover any fault which may be directly caused by an edit.

So can Ford tell if you flash it back to the factory tune or can they still see graphs and figures which advise ie. how much boost the car has given previously, how many kW it has reached?? I dunno, just wondering how they might know.

I would consider an edit down the track if there is no possible way Ford can tell it's been done, because I don't wanna screw my warranty, just in case.

• Member For: 18y 4m 2d

From what I've been able to work out from other threads about the Edit, the workshop usually picks it up when someone reflashes with an old stored flash when the workshop knows that they have put in a revised flash at a previous service. But I don't know enough about the CAPA unit and how to get around this. Someone else better informed might shed some light on it.

• Member For: 19y 9m 19d
From what I've been able to work out from other threads about the Edit, the workshop usually picks it up when someone reflashes with an old stored flash when the workshop knows that they have put in a revised flash at a previous service.  But I don't know enough about the CAPA unit and how to get around this.  Someone else better informed might shed some light on it.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You are right in what you say. The way to get around it is to a, ensure Ford do not re-flash your car or b, arrange for your tuner to totally clear your box before going to Ford for an updated factory tune.

This way when you reload your custom tune, the box will accept the updated factory tune.

• Member For: 20y 11m 25d
When I asked a ford service guy the other day his stance on the edit - just because I wanted to know his feelings.

He said that it would be detected the minute the service guys hook up their computers if an edit has been performed on the car and that Ford would not cover any fault which may be directly caused by an edit.

So can Ford tell if you flash it back to the factory tune or can they still see graphs and figures which advise ie. how much boost the car has given previously, how many kW it has reached??  I dunno, just wondering how they might know.

I would consider an edit down the track if there is no possible way Ford can tell it's been done, because I don't wanna screw my warranty, just in case.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

1) He works in the motor vehicle industry, yeh he wouldn't fib would he (assuming he even knows)

2) There cannot be an "old flash" in the flash box as it always reads the latest one out of the pcm into it when you change from factory to "zoom". If your car was reflashed while it had a "zoom" edit installed the flash box will no longer work as it thinks it is a different car.

3) If the flash were detectable then this and several other forums would be full of people b**ching about warrany voiding on their cars. There have been NONE and as the flashers have been about for a bit over a year I suspect that they really ARE invisible. Also the retailers have stated as much in WRITING, if they are not as stated then this constitutes fraud and that can be really bad for your bank balance.

N.B. the BF uses a different PCM to the BA (silkyoak rather than blackoak), these may be detectable as they have nor been fully explored as yet....