Bf Xr6 Turbo Transmissions

Guest XR666TURBO

Which transmission would be best?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests

Hey people,

I know I started a topic before asking the same question, however some people got a bit off-track (me included). So I figured that the best way to answer the question was to post a poll. :laughing:

I'm looking to buy my new XR6T in mid-February. I admit that I am lazy, however I do enjoy the thrill of being able to redline. I am aware that the 6 speed auto does come with Tiptronic, yet I have driven a few vehicles with it (Tiptronic) and it doesn't have quite the power of it's manual counter-parts.

I'm looking for everyone's opnion's and I hope that from the poll, I will be able to make a clear decision.

Thanks to everyone who takes a part in the poll.

XR666TURBO!

Edited by XR666TURBO

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 2m 11d

If the ZF 6 speed was not an option, I would have chosen manual, but the ZF is built for the Turbo 6, to release its potential the way it was meant to be.

The Auto will keep the car on boost between gearchanges, where the manual will dump the boost between gearchanges and result in a slower 0-1??

what do you mean by keeping and dumping the boost? sorry, im only new :-)

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The auto dont drop revs to change gears like a manual does

with an auto,plant your foot and the revs just keep climbing reving the turbo all the time,never lowering revs to change gears,your blow off valve doesnt even operate once,but on a manual it would on every gear change letting the turbo slow down

were talking poofteenths here,but the winner on the day is the quickest

vik...I like the sound of the slushie :laughing::kissmy::kissmy:

• Gandalf the Grey, Maiar of Manwë and Varda, Team HgAg/Sneaky
  • Member For: 20y 9m 25d

I'm voting for the manual, mainly cause I've always driven and preferred manuals and I haven't had a change to test drive the new auto yet.

When I do, my opinion may well change.

:fool:

Guest XR666TURBO
  • Guests

Well, if/when you get the chance to drive the ZF Auto Ken 24T, please let us know what your opinion is.

I'm hopefully going to take one for a test drive this week and I shall let you all know of what "I" think of it. I have driven a manual, however it was a BA MKII XR6T but I figure that apart from the extra 5Kw (30nM of torque) that it'd be the same as the BF seeing as both would have the T56 tranny.