How Good Really Is The F6?

Rohan

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 10d
Personal preference again - I enjoy using a manual gearbox as part of the pleasure of driving..

The BMW was tiptronic, all the 5.3 / 6.0 Jags were converted to manual, the ACE the already manual, so I've tried cars as autos, and then replaced them manual 'boxes.  Having said that, I haven't tried the new auto and those that have, seem to rate it very highly (and unless you've tried it, I don't think you're qualified to criticise it).

The Ford manual is excellent, and to me, one of the better features of the car - it's strong, precise and a reasonably short throw.

The gears were a bit notchy to start with, but are improving steadily, and it just means that you have to be reasonably accurate when changing quickly.

Finally. if you put 98 in, you can cruise in top at anything over 75, which helps the efficiency!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob , I agree with what yoo are saying , I have just clocked over 17k and the box to me feels great.Motor is starting to really loosen up after mods at 8ks and starting to feel it really pull harder.

As for 75kph in top , fark that still in first :thumbsup:

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 4m 15d
I'd like to know what sort of resale value BA Typhoons are being offered upon trade-in on a new one. Has anybody had an experience yet, I need to know before making my final decision.

Any comments would be appreciated.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Al

Its still a Ford resale is crap.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...icle_id=2739183

EX FACTORY DEMO,BREMBO BRAKES,PREMIUM SOUND

15odd k loss under 12 months old. :thumbsup:

• potty trained
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 3d
I'd like to know what sort of resale value BA Typhoons are being offered upon trade-in on a new one. Has anybody had an experience yet, I need to know before making my final decision.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Al

Its still a Ford resale is crap.

http://www.carsales.com.au/pls/carsales/...icle_id=2739183

EX FACTORY DEMO,BREMBO BRAKES,PREMIUM SOUND

15odd k loss under 12 months old. :msm:

that Typhoon is green Daz ... they retail for $10k less :thumbsup:

who knows about resale price or better or worse than some Euro cars

just done 500km in a F6 auto and I think they are the best thing since sliced bread :sick:

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 5m
Personal preference again - I enjoy using a manual gearbox as part of the pleasure of driving..

The BMW was tiptronic, all the 5.3 / 6.0 Jags were converted to manual, the ACE the already manual, so I've tried cars as autos, and then replaced them manual 'boxes.  Having said that, I haven't tried the new auto and those that have, seem to rate it very highly (and unless you've tried it, I don't think you're qualified to criticise it).

The Ford manual is excellent, and to me, one of the better features of the car - it's strong, precise and a reasonably short throw.

The gears were a bit notchy to start with, but are improving steadily, and it just means that you have to be reasonably accurate when changing quickly.

Finally. if you put 98 in, you can cruise in top at anything over 75, which helps the efficiency!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Rob , I agree with what yoo are saying , I have just clocked over 17k and the box to me feels great.Motor is starting to really loosen up after mods at 8ks and starting to feel it really pull harder.

As for 75kph in top , fark that still in first :tease:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm with you Buf Foon. I ordered 333 in the BF auto and then drove one, :fool: it had more thumps than my BA 333. Lead me to keep what I've got for a change. Any body who pays nearly 1/4 of a million for a Mazda definately needs professional help IMHO :fool::fool:

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 28d

Rohan,

l am a self confessed car nut and have been giving this question a lot of thought over the past few months as l will be updating come March. My last 3 cars have been a BA XR6T, FPV Gt and currently an MY03 Sti.

The field for me as it stands is a BF F6 or GT-P, MY06 Sti, Liberty GT "tuned by Sti", Mazda MPS or Evo 9. For various reasons the Evo 9 is the front runner. For me its the best looking of the lot, has excellent quality, is a little bigger than the Sti, easily the fastest of the group, has a 5 yr warranty and a great security system.

IMO its the best blend of quality, performance and size of the group. Probably what l will buy come March

Cheers

• Formerly Turbo6
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 2m 21d

Value for money, you really can't go wrong. I haven't spent that much on mine in the scheme of things and to have a brand new four door that owes me around $64k with all the mods that will pretty much hose anything in a straight line is gold. Yep, it has some quality issues, but again, for the price, not bad, not bad at all. :+1:

The only thing I am dirty about, is where do I go from here?? I think I am condemned to buying F6's for the seeable future..............

• Member For: 18y 4m 11d

had an sti and got rid of it when I had my first child, they are way to small for a family car and getting your pram etc out of the pissy little boot will drive you insane as will the harsh ride on long drives, I have a new bf f6 manual now and love it wouldnt change it for anything!! have 2 boys now and everyone fits in comfortably

• Member For: 18y 3m 5d
Rohan,

l am a self confessed car nut and have been giving this question a lot of thought over the past few months as l will be updating come March. My last 3 cars have been a BA XR6T, FPV Gt and currently an MY03 Sti.

The field for me as it stands is a BF F6 or GT-P, MY06 Sti, Liberty GT "tuned by Sti", Mazda MPS or Evo 9. For various reasons the Evo 9 is the front runner. For me its the best looking of the lot, has excellent quality, is a little bigger than the Sti, easily the fastest of the group, has a 5 yr warranty and a great security system.

IMO its the best blend of quality, performance and size of the group. Probably what l will buy come March

Cheers

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Mondie, I drove the 06 STi and was very happy with it, when it came to performance. I had a look at the EVO IX also, but did not test drive it. The interior immediately didnt appeal to me and I was aware that the ride quality was even harder than the STIs, so I didnt bother wasting the salesmans time. Any reason why you ditched the xr6t and the FPV Gt for the 03 STi? Have you driven the F6 and if you have how did it compare to the other cars on your list.

**** Im definetley not in the market for an M5. Looking at comparisons between cars around the same price tag as the f6.

Hope your all having a relaxing break.

• Firm Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 28d
Rohan,

Cheers

Mondie, I drove the 06 STi and was very happy with it, when it came to performance. I had a look at the EVO IX also, but did not test drive it. The interior immediately didnt appeal to me and I was aware that the ride quality was even harder than the STIs, so I didnt bother wasting the salesmans time. Any reason why you ditched the xr6t and the FPV Gt for the 03 STi? Have you driven the F6 and if you have how did it compare to the other cars on your list.

**** Im definetley not in the market for an M5. Looking at comparisons between cars around the same price tag as the f6.

Hope your all having a relaxing break.

Rohan,

l have not driven an F6 but will before buying. l ditched the XR6T for the GT because l had to have one but overall was disappointed with both cars. Driveline shunt, poor warranty service and gearbox rattles detracted from the fun of ownership. l sold the GT because we went to a 2 car family hence l didnt need a large car. The Sti fitted my needs perfectly.

For some the F6 is the best choice simply because they need the large car, fortunatley l dont so l can compare the cars on a more even level. l would break the cars l suggested into 3 categories;

Hardcore; Evo 9

Compromise between hardcore & cruiser; F6 and Sti

Cruiser; GT-P, Mazda MPS6 or Sti tuned Liberty

l agree the interior in the Evo is not up to the standard of any of the other cars with the exception of the Sti which l think its comparable to. They each have their good and bad points. The 06 Sti is off the list though as l dont like the new look. The Evo is a slightly larger car and l HATE the keypad in the Sti.

Ultimately its what you want in a car?