WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

sh*t that's rough mate.  Sorry to hear.  Lost both parents and had to clean up mum's affairs, not enjoyable.

Yeah sorry I don't get on the forum these days.  Lost the fun vibe and felt like work too much plus need more "no interaction" personal time these days.  Self care, yo.

BUT I am popping in to post about Racewars now that my vids are done uploading.  Very tired from the whole weekend, and morose over the terrible events from Sunday which have been all over the news from what I'm told.  They still ran the Hillclimb the following day as it's a different event/location and under CAMS not just Racewars.  I had a good time racing it and got home safe and sound so I count it as a win.

I'll chuck the vids over in my build thread I guess!

• Like 2

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 15y 11m 18d

good job, Steve :) would you like your old forum name back?

9 hours ago, Ezy2Confuze said:

DO NOT EVER AGREE TO BE AN EXECUTOR OF A WILL is all I will say.

or just make sure you read it (and the fine print) before signing :idunno:

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 4d

Nah Discostig is attached to previous Racewars and is a fun reminder :)

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

alright... well, stick around and update us with regard to your life and we'll be sure to be on your side haha

• Like 1

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d
18 hours ago, k31th said:

or just make sure you read it (and the fine print) before signing :idunno:

What fine print?  Dad asked me 6 months ago out of the blue and off the cuff I said yes, I mean what else do you say to a family member?

Not sure how she is related to the poor bloke but I see there's a memorial cruise posted up for him for this Saturday on Lynda Ford's Failbook page, I can't make it but maybe others might want to go.

https://www.facebook.com/lynda.ford.547

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer

I guess it depends on your relationship with your family member in question, as to whether it's easy to say "no" or not... The fine print is both the contents of the will and the legal requirements of the executor specifically. But without knowing which specific circumstances made it difficult for you, I don't know enough... just a cautionary tale, I guess?

• Member For: 14y 5m 13d

It's more the fiddle farting around and waiting for third parties that does my head in.

Luckily where I work - a home loan lender - I have plenty of people that have had to deal with deceased estates both personally and professionally that I can talk to, so I should be fine.

The really interesting one will be the letter dad was supposed to send to the Minister in response to the absolute incompetence of the Builders Registration Board and the State Administrative Tribunal.

Dad trusted the system and they failed miserably - BRB for example in their conclusions admitted the builder was guilty of multiple transgressions but put "No Action" for each one.  One of which was the fact the builder went back 5 times to fix certain things, didn't do so and the lady at BRB noted the builder said "They had no intention of going back and fixing the problem".

There's also the fact a document that was submitted to the City of Stirling had a faked signature of dad's, yet no-one from BRB or SAT recommended the builder be looked at for possible fraud charges.