WA Spotted & Chit Chat Thread

cunners

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 15d

Shiet, if everyone who just said they'd be keen turned up, that'd be one of the biggest WA cruises in recent memory...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 26d

Hey guys, I'm planning to move to Perth in September and am wanting to bring my car across with me. I've read that the rules have changed and that every car must be inspected prior to obtaining WA registration. unfortunately my car isn't stock so I would like to get it all legal prior to taking it for an inspection. Though I am unsure as to what is allowed and what is not in WA. Here is a list of the current mods:

Process West 4in turbo side intake with K+N filter

Plazmaman battery relocation kit

Jonny Tig 1800hp intercooler with polished 3in hot + cold side piping

GTX3582 turbo with 12lb turbosmart actuator

Ported rear turbo housing with larger flapper to compensate

Nizpro full 4in stainless steel exhaust

Nizpro overboost valve

Plazmaman oil cap

Earls braided oil line for turbo

ID1000 injectors

Process West twin 044 surge tank

Walbro 255 intank pump

FPR1200 regulator

E85 rated fuel lines

Brembo 6pot calipers and 355mm rotors

Hardy Spicer built tailshaft

Nizpro ZF flexplate

PWR ZF heat exchanger with braided oil line

King Springs SL rear and Lows upfront

Super Pro upgraded diff bushes

K-mac rear camber kit

Vertini Drift wheels 20 x 10, 20 x 8.5

I'm fairly sure the fuel system is going to be an issue which I can replace with a KPM intank setup (or similar) and I will re-fit my catalytic converter. Is there anything else in the list that I might be screwed for? And does anyone know of a decent joint to get it inspected at where they might be a bit more lenient? sorry for the long post. any advice is much appreciated

• Member For: 8y 26d

Now that is a huge mod list so it would be hard to say anything in confidence. What I can say is that my brother in law was stickered in a reasonably modded FG for having blue running lights. When taking it over the pits, they made sure he changed what he was defected for, gave his car a quick once over, complimented him and sent him on his way.

Im not sure if for fresh registration the car would come under more or less scrutiny than a sticker job... I have heard rumours that cops that pull over aggressive or cheeky drivers (usually young kids in imports, SS or Xr6ts) put the sticker on crooked which is code for "Give this guy a hard time when looking over his car".

When you do get it done, I would love to hear your experience. A have a very similar mod list and right now am very fearful of ever getting stickered

One more thing, the legality of your 20" rims is an easy flag. If the car was a povo pack to begin with and fitted with 18s, you can only legally go 1 inch bigger than factory. Have had a friend with a cammed v8 and that was the thing they came down on immediately

• Member For: 5y 11m 22d

I think everyone will tell you different things as to what will pass and what won't. Maybe be best to find an engineer to speak to. Pretty sure they are all listed on the DOT WA website. I know you used to be able to ring the tech center at the Welshpool DOT to find out info on what is and isn't aloud before you filled in all the paperwork.

I also was going to say wheels would be first thing to change, and there maybe some legalities of the fuel system in boot. I think you may have to get permits for air filter and intercooler, but that's just off second hand info. Maybe just change the wheels and take it over to see how big a list they give you. As long as it's all neat and tidy they might not bother you too much. Good thing is now you don't have to go over the DOT pits here now. Just find a mechanic in your area that's on the DOT list and take it to them.

Edited by Renton

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 5m 1d

Put on stock wheels with good tyres and make sure it's not to low.  Make sure no oil leaks or anything suss and just take it over.  

I will try and find the place I took over my Victoria modified car to get WA rego

I went here. But when it comes time give me as PM as I maybe able to help further 

http://zedsmechanical.com.au

Edited by arronm

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 26d

I will make some calls monday morning and see where I stand with it all. Might have to get some FPV 19in wheels so that they clear my brembos. Cheers for the advice fellas. Will PM you @arronm before I move across :)